Ch. 4: Truth or Lie?

Chapter 4

            During lunch, the doctor and some camera crew from the Oprah show showed up, and did everyone in the Jonas family’s mouths, not Danielle, with a swab, and then left.

            Alex just stayed in the game room while Frankie played.  Danielle stayed with her and Frankie, but knew that Alex wanted to be left alone as Alex just stared off into space.

            Alex had the worst time.  She never told her family that deep down inside she felt like they didn’t need to know that she felt like an outsider again.  She thought what if she really wasn’t a Jonas member.  What if her whole life was a lie?  This wasn’t her family after all.  The proof was in the papers, and her parents knew she was theirs.  But why did it feel like there was another side of the story.

            Alex forced herself look at the planner and study it so she knew what the plans were, and then she felt sleepy, and took a nap.

~*~*~*~

            Alex saw that she was on Oprah’s show, and everyone of the Jonas family was on stage sitting down as a family on Oprah’s white couch.  Alex saw that she was between Joe and Nick.

            “We wanted to prove to everyone here and at home the truth if Alex is a Jonas member of the family.  A few days ago, I asked my doctor on set to go do some DNA testing for me, which you can see is being done on my screen behind you.”  Everyone turns to see everyone else getting his or her mouths swabbed.  “He handed the results to me this morning.  I haven’t seen them, this has been sealed all day and I’m going to open it to proof to you right now.”

            Alex looked at the crowd of young girls and moms with a few dads there waiting.

            Oprah opens the envelope, and pulls out a piece of paper.  “Alex Isabella… is NOT your daughter or sister.”

            The fans went into shook and started talking.

            “WHAT!” everyone said at once.

            Alex started crying, covered her face.

            “I knew it,” Joe said and stood up and went to stand by his parents.

            Alex then stood up, and walked out of the room as a few fans started booing at her.

            “You need to go back out there,” a crewmember told her.

            “Why should I?” she asked as she went back to the greenroom to get her stuff with a camera crew recording her moves.

            “Oprah wants you back out there,” someone told her.

            “Why?  I can’t be on that stage when I know the truth.”  She grabbed her jacket and purse and looked at the camera.  “I’m sorry.  I never would lie to anyone, I know the truth and I know what I was told.  I’m really sorry.”  She took all of her jewelry off and put them on Kevin’s coat that was in the room.  “I love you guys, I always will.”  She then left the room as the camera crew followed her.

            Alex left the building, and went to get a cab as the crew followed her.

            She felt her phone vibrate and she saw that it was Nick.  She didn’t care what he sent her that she threw the phone to the ground, which it broke into pieces, and she finally got a cab, got in and left.