Ch. 14: On Air

Chapter 14

            “Alex,” Nick said.  “Is that why you don’t want to do the spotlight?  That’s why you want to hide?”

            “Ya.  I’m scared that if anything happens to me on stage, I can see my old self again and freeze up.”  She stares are her pants.  “If you guys read the letter, it goes into more detail.”

            “Alex we don’t need to know,” Joe told her.

            “You telling us personally makes me feel better,” Kevin told her.

            “Me too,” Nick told her.

            “Me three,” Joe finishes.

            She looks at them with more tears falling, “I’m sorry.  Just that, if I didn’t stop myself, or if I did go on, then I wouldn’t have that fear.”

            “We’re glad that you did it last night,” Kevin told her.

            “You were having fun again,” Joe added.

            “I know.”

            “Alex, we love you,” Nick said as he hugs her side ways as she just rests her head on his shoulder still hold her brothers’ hands.  “I’m glad that you broke your fear last night.”

            “Yeah, you did,” Kevin and Joe agreed.

            She nodded, but she really felt like she didn’t want to go back out there again.

~*~*~*~

            After Chris and Danielle got up, Alex went to get dressed; Nick and Joe told Chris as Kevin told Danielle what they just found out from Alex.

            When Alex came out, Dani went up to her and hugged her.  “I’m sorry that you feel that way about the stage and singing.  I feel your pain.”

            “Thanks,” she told her as she hugged her back.

            Chris comes up after Dani and Alex let go.

            “Alex, I am so sorry,” he said and hugged her.

            Alex looked at her brothers after she let go of Chris, but still in his arms.  “I don’t want Frankie to know.  Not yet.”

            “No, we won’t say anything,” Joe told her.

            “Maybe mom and dad could tell him later,” Kevin told her.

            She nods.

            They soon hear the door on the bus open up, and Paul and Denise walk on with Frankie behind them.

            “Morning everyone,” Paul told everyone.

            “Morning,” they said.

            “It’s interview time,” Paul said and sees everyone.  “What’s going on?”

            “Alex just told us about spotlight thing,” Nick said.

            Denise looked at Alex, “I thought that you weren’t going to tell them.”

            “They had the right to know, but they can still read the letter.”