Nineteen

A.N We're getting to the exciting bit now as this is the last chapter of this book. The sequel is called Revisited and will be up very soon as I'm gunna try and finish The Daughter Of Aslan. Revisited will be set during Iron Man 2 to Avengers. There will be a few chapters after Iron Man 2 to do with Steve coming back so be ready for them.

-------------------------------

*2010*

After 9/11 I was praised by a lot of people for what I did. I finally caught up with Joanne a week after and turns out she was an Agent for SHIELD. She was undercover and ended up in the North Tower at the wrong time. I'm glad I saved her now as we've become pretty close and I know I can trust her. It's the same with Agent Sykes. I went to him as soon as I came back to work and thanked him for helping me and he thanked me for doing what I did. Nick is okay with me being close with them but I know I can't get too close in case I lose them on a mission.

Lately I've decided to try and live life like a person, not an Agent. I wanted to be more like a human not a weapon for SHIELD to use. I was sick of living in SHIELD so I asked Nick if I could move into an apartment. He agreed and let me buy one. It's in New York, where I've been my entire life, as I wanted to really check out New York and see what changed. I couldn't last time because, well you know why.

Because I wanted to live a normal life I decided to get a tattoo. Don't give me that look okay? I wanted a tattoo since I heard about them as they're pretty cool. Plus it isn't that big. It's just three birds on my right wrist. It represents Freedom as I am a free person and I do not belong to anybody. I am free to live my life as I want and do what I want. I got three to represent me, Steve and Bucky. It shows even without them I'm still with them, if you get what I'm saying. I also decided to dye my hair blonder to create a new look for me. I'm one for going out there and trying new things.

I've kept an eye on Tony and he's still up his own arse. It's not hard to keep an eye on him as he's in the public eye every day and has a big arse tower that I can see from my bedroom window. It has STARK on the side in big letters so it's kinda easy to see it. He also has a house in Miami that I keep an eye on too. I really wanna go visit but he'll probably kick me out.

There's also been a 'superhero' called Iron Man flying around New York. No one knows who he is or why he's doing the things he is and Nick is started to wonder if we should get involved. He hasn't done anything bad yet so I say let him do what he does.

Back to now and I'm currently in my apartment reading up on a new case. This guy has apparently tried to recreate the super serum and it didn't work. A lot of people have tried to recreate it but none have been this bad. The guy apparently changed into something called The Hulk when he's angry. Remind me not to get on his bad side.

A knock then came at my door making me shut the file quickly and shoved it under a pillow. I straightened my shirt and got up to answer the door. I groaned seeing who it was through the peep hole.

"Morning" Tom said walking into my apartment with a doughnut in his hand.

"Don't you have a place to live or a girlfriend to see or even a job to do?" i asked shutting the door as he sat on the sofa. He reached behind the pillow to get the file I just hid.

"Oooo I haven't seen this one yet." He started opening it but I snatched it off him. "Hey!" he complained with his mouthful of doughnut.

"Not your case" I warned going to my room and hiding it behind my mirror. When I walked back in the living room Tom had turned the news on. "Again, why are here?" I crossed my arms.

"Your little friend Tony is holding a press conference right now. Phil's there." I frowned wondering why Phil was there. "Look it's starting" Tom moved up for me to sit down which I did. I watched as Tony walked up to the podium with his good friend Rhodey. I've read about Rhodey and he seems to be taking care of Tony from time to time. I also heard Tony has an assistant called Pepper who I feel really sorry for. She has to put up with Tony, feel her pain.