Eleven

A.N Sorry for the wait guys. Here's Chapter 11.

-Emma x

---------------------

After the whole debarcle with Agent Swann I chose to completely ignore her from now on. I couldn't even look at her as the image of her and Steve lip locking would fill my head every time. I bet that was his first kiss too. I wanted it to be me.

"Agent Gomez!" I snapped my head up to Phillips' and Peggy's eyes on me.

"Sorry what?" I asked completely confused as to what they had just talked about.

"Pay attention Gomez!" Phillips warned. i nodded and he carried on with his talk over a map. I didn't bother listening in because I knew they were on about Steve and where he and Bucky would be going. I'm not sure I want them to go. Yes I want them to do good, but I also them back home safe. I don't wanna here those words that I've heard before and that have killed me inside. I never wanna those words again. But I know I'm gunna have to. I just don't want it to be just yet.

On the brighter side to things I got to see Steve's new suit yesterday. It looks amazing, and the shield just goes so well. Peggy and Phillips would keep me updated every day with how they do. I've told Phillips that if either of them or both die for this country, he better tell me and not keep it from me, cause I don't wanna be lied to, especially about them. I love them both so much losing them will be like being shot multiple times in the heart. God what is with me and going all sad near the end of stuff? I need to keep positive about this. I believe in them so much that I know they can do this.

Everyday a hydra flag would be taken off the map thanks to Steve, Bucky and the 107th. We only had a few left and it made me happy knowing this would all be over soon and me, Bucky and Steve can all go for a drink, maybe with Peggy as well. Peggy and Bucky seem to be getting really close. I think it's almost time for him to ask her to be his girlfriend. The day he does that and she says yes, will hopefully be the day I decide to tell Steve how I feel.

One day me, Peggy, Phillips and a few more men were watching footage of Steve and Bucky's latest mission. They both looked well and it made me relived they both looked so determined and so well. Peggy the nudged me and nodded towards the screen. The camera was zoomed in on Steve's pocket watch, and there seemed to be a photo of me inside. I blushed hard as Steve quickly closed it as he noticed the camera. Phillips gave me a sideways glance and Peggy smirked at me. I have no idea why he has a photo of me but I hope it's so it gives Bucky and Steve something to motivate them. (Oh so I've heard)

It's been a couple of days since then and the 107th had managed to capture one of Schmidt's henchmen. he was small with chubby cheeks and a thin hair line. He may look okay, but he really is a piece of work.

"Agent Gomez" I looked from the map to find Colonel Phillips walking up to me. His face was unreadable so I didn't know what he wanted.

"Yes sir?"

He sighed heavily and gave me a sympathetic look. Oh no. This is it. This is what i've been dreading for so long. My eyes were already watering even though he hadn't said it yet. but I knew he would say.

"i'm sorry to inform you Ashley but, Sergeant James Barnes was declared dead after Rogers saw him fall to his death off a train. I'm really sorry Ashley" He placed his hand on my shoulder but turning and leaving. I leaned against the desk and tears started to fall. One of my best friends, that has been beside through so much, that I love so god damn much, is now gone. I knew this was gunna happen but I didn't wanna accept it. I pushed it to the back of my mind for so long it didn't even register that it would happen like this. I then remembered what Steve must of flet like. Seeing his best friend fall to his death. He must be blaming himself so much. I wiped the tears off my face and walked to find Phillips.

"Phillips, where's Steve?" I asked him.

"He's back safe. He's at the stork club." I wiped another tear that escaped my eyes and went to go back to work as I knew I couldn't leave no matter how much i wanted to. "Go" Phillips said making me turn around. "Go find him and talk to him. He needs someone right now as do you" I nodded to Phillips as a thank you and ran to grab my coat and bag and rushed to the Stork Club. The Stork Club was destroyed from the bombs that hit. I walked further in and saw Steven in his army suit, sat at the only table left standing with a bottle of something on the table. I sighed and walked up to him.

"Steve" I whispered making him look up to me. He looked round and jumped to his feet.

"Ashley" He whispered before he hugged me the tightest he could without hurting me and we both just cried. No words exchanged, we just cried. We had lost a best friend, a brother and someone who we both trusted with everything. After a while of just tears we sat down on stools and just sat their in silence. I could see he was beating himself up about it, which he shouldn't be doing.

"It wasn't your fault, Steve. Please dpn't beat yourself up about it" I said to him and he took a sip of his drink. Dr Erskine had told me that because of the serum and the way it works in his body, Steve couldn't get drunk no matter how much he drunk.

"Did you read the report?" Steve asked not looking away from his glass.

"Not yet" It was true, I hadn't read the report yet. I knew Phillips did, but all I wanted to do was see if Steve was okay.

"Well I'll tell you now, it tells you  the complete opposite of what you just said"

"Steve please don't do this. We both believed and respected him so much. Bucky died doing exactly what he wanted to do. And that was to fight. Fight for this country and everyone in it. Steve, Bucky died with honour, and you gotta stop blaming yourself cause it was in no way your fault. And if you say it was this stool, it going somewhere it shouldn't" Steve cracked a smile and so did I. Seeing him smile makes me smile.

"I'm going after Schmidt" Steve said plainly.

"Steve" I whispered to him as I didn't want him to do this alone.

"I'm going to stop when all of Hydra is dead or captured. And nothing you can say is going to change my mind." I nodded knowing nothing I was gunna say would change his mind.

"Your not alone in this Steve. We're gunna do this, together." He looked to me and I looked at him. I smiled weakly and held his hand. "For Bucky"

"For Bucky"

------------------------------

A.N Omg I felt so sad writing this chapter. Bucky is now gone and we are getting closer to Ashley's transformation. This book will go up until just before Iron Man 2 as I will be starting the second book with IM2 and finishing it with The Avengers. My own chapters will start obviously after this movie and they will include Peggy's one-shot they did which is on youtube and she is so bad-ass in it., it will include Ashley but only near the end. My chapters will also feature Baby Nick Fury,  young Phil Coulson and maybe some baby Tony. Depends really.

Other than that, please vote and comment as I really appreciate the love you give me and this book and I love seeing you guys enjoy this just as much as I am. Hopefully I will update sooner than before.

*goes to cry over the photo on the side*

-Emma x