Epilogue

"And how does the jury find the defendant?", the judge's words were deafening, the members of the courtroom waiting with bated breath. All of them not quite believing that this boy in front of them, this mere teenager had managed to commit the most horrendous of crimes. All of them except the blonde boy who sat in the front row, his brown eyes searching for the eyes of the convict with longing and love.

The convict wouldn't look at him, hadn't looked at him since they had been found alongside the body, tears streaming down the blonde boy's face as he had watched his world fall apart.

He had been so close. So close to happiness.

"We find the defendant guilty."

The blonde boy didn't register anything that happened after that. Only the same two moments replayed in his head over the next few weeks. The beginning and the end. The kiss on the bus stop, the bullet flying from the gun.

His sister tried to reach out to him, tried to get him to talk to her about something, about anything. It wasn't long before she gave up, before she was yelling at him, before she told him to just get on with it.

She had never really loved him anyway. Not like the boy with the honey brown eyes did. He didn't care anyway. He only cared about the day he would get to visit the love of his love.

That day was today.

"Tommy, listen to me, okay? We can plead not guilty by reason of insanity. We can get you out of here. I'll even tell them about the voices," his desperation was indescribable, that innocent naivety coming to the surface once again. For a moment, there was hope. Hope that was destroyed by Thomas' anger.

Anger that left carnage in its wake.

"Newt, I don't hear voices, okay? I lied. I lied to get to you so I could get to him. I don't deserve you. You could do so much better. You should leave me here. Don't come back."

Newt walked away, tears in his eyes as he whispered to himself words that would serve as his saving grace for a while to come.

"I'm never leaving you, Tommy."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The End!!!!!

Hi guys,

I hope you liked the final chapter of Gasoline. It's meant a lot to me that you guys have been so supportive even with my crappy updates and terrible timekeeping!

Right, the sequel to this will be called Hold Me Down and I will publishing it with the author's note very soon if you want to get prepared for the next installment!

Thank you xxx