"For a while. It doesn't really matter. I know."

"Why didn't you tell the queen then?" She grabbed an apple too.

"Because if she knew, she would've killed him in front of you. I've seen enough blood shed by them. I want no more." And I'm no different than you. So, I understand.

"I love him. We tried to end it but we couldn't stay away from each other. It was impossible."

"I know." I smiled. "But still, the castle is the worst place. If Raluca saw you,..."

"I know." She interrupted. "I'll be killed as well. I have to ask though, this was the first time for you to see us together, how did you know about us?"

"When I went to the market, he helped caring the boxes and I saw the way you two looked at each other in here."

"Oh. What do you think I should do?"

Do what I do. "Meet him in the market. When the queen sends someone to the market, you volunteer."

She thought about it and came to conclusion that it could work. "I'll try."

Footsteps started to fill the halls with its sound. The maids woke up at last.

I helped with the eggs and that was it for me. It was time to clean Vasile's chamber. Remembering him from early this morning, made me wonder. There was something funny about his beard. I let it go for now and headed for his chamber.

Cleaning his chamber took hours. It was big and filled with things. Half of the chamber was covered in dust. I had to call for two other maids to help me. Cleaning behind the wardrobe and those little hidden places made the air in the chamber suffocating and filled with dust. Both windows had to be open. Our coughs were endless. The dust brought a memory back to me...

'What, no good-bye kiss?' I said trying to smile. He brushed his fingers to my cheek and bent down to kiss me softly but I didn't feel it.

'I promise Florica it will end so soon. I promise.' The words came out like they were certain to happen. I knew he never accepted that I go work as a maid or slave inside the castle but he had nothing to do about it. If he had said a word to them, he would have been slaughtered. For how cruel the royals are I would say they would have slaughtered him before my eyes.

I sighed to what he said. 'Easy to believe that Traian.'

He again kissed me but this time he tried to make it passionate as I was about to leave in less than a minute. Unfortunately to the people waiting for me, the kiss took about the whole minute.

'Florica, hurry will ya?'

I looked to see who exactly as I was dazzled from Traian. The carpenter it was. I wonder how he knew my name. Next him there was a guy who took all my attention. He was filled with dust, wore ripped clothes and was looking directly at me. I never saw him before during my time in the village and I know everyone who ever stepped his feet into it. I didn't think about it as I didn't want to ruin the moment. I kissed him one last time and I smiled taking my face back. 'See you soon.'

He half smiled looking at my eyes. 'Easy to believe that.'

I rolled my eyes and left only looking at him not bothering to look where I was heading. It didn't take me long to hit someone. The strange guy who was standing next to the carpenter.

'Excuse me.' I said apologizing. His only response was just a nod. I looked away and continued looking at my path this time.