Dragons

*Hermiones' POV*

I looked at the clock and sighed getting out of bed, I didn't get any sleep last night and it was a pain in the ass. I walked into the kitchen making some coffee, I leaned against the counter shaking my head before looking up to see Charlie standing there giving me a strange look.

"What are you doing up? I half expected to be dragging you out of bed in a half hour."

I laughed, shaking my head as a yawn left my lips, Charlie chuckled nodding his head.

"Oh, I see, let me guess you didn't sleep last night."

"Not an ounce."

He nodded his head, walking to the cabinet pulling out to coffee mugs.

"Maybe you should stay home and rest, I don't want you getting hurt and being tired when it comes to this kind of job is dangerous. You need to be getting plenty of rest and make sure that you have a clear head in the mornings."

I sighed.

"I know Charlie, but I can't miss work every time I have a bad night. I'll be fine, hell I fought a war on as little as maybe two hours of sleep."

"Two hours is better than nothing."

I sighed, shaking my head at him.

"Charlie, I don't need a babysitter, and I don't need you to tell me what I can and can't handle. I'll be fine, now get off my ass and pour me a damn cup of coffee so I can get ready to go."

He sighed before nodding his head and letting it go, he poured me my coffee handing it to me. I let the scolding liquid slide down my throat, I sighed, before walking back to my room and pulling out my clothes for the day. I layed them out before going to shower, I removed my clothes stepping into the shower washing my hair and shaving. When I was done I got out skipping my lotion and perfume knowing that the scent could set off the Dragons. I pulled on a pair of marbled ripped skinny jeans, with a long sleeve black shirt. I pulled on my knee high short heel leather boots lacing them up. I went back to the bathroom blow-drying my hair and letting it go in it's natural waves before tying it back in a messy bun. I looked into the mirror before grabbing my make-up bag. I applied a thin layer of black eyeliner, before adding mascara and some black and gray eye-shadow. I put on some chapstick before walking out of the bathroom and grabbing my leather jacket. I walked into the living room pulling on my jacket to see Charlie waiting for me. He was wearing a black t-shirt, with a pair of faded jeans, and black steel toe boots. He was pulling on a black leather jacket, his hair was tied back in a low pony tail, and he looked really fucking hot. I was pulled from my thoughts by him clearing his throat, I looked up at him to see a smirk on his face. I sighed, shaking my head before grabbing my wand from the counter and sliding it into my sheath on my thigh that doubled as a belt. I was tightening it on my thigh and buttoning the snap to make sure I didn't lose my wand. A pair of black leather steel toe boots came into my view. I looked up to see Charlie standing there, his nose touching mine, my breath hitch and my heart race picked up.

"Charlie, please back up."

He shook his head, placing his hand on my cheek causing heat to rise where his hand was and sparks to travel through my body. My breathing became shallow and in that moment I forgot about everything. I forgot my past, Fred everything and all I could see was him. I sighed wanting nothing more than to be connected to him, he leaned in a bit, his lips grazing mine. I felt the all too familiar sparks that I had once felt with another and it was then that I pulled away leaving his arms and feeling empty once again. He sighed, backing up and letting his hand fall to his side, he looked away from me and I took a deep breath hiding the tears that were swelling in my eyes. He sighed, shaking his head and I walked towards the door before looking back at him.