Chapter 2

"Daddy!"  Nashi cried out pointing at the TV.  I glanced over and saw Natsu standing with Lisanna at a press conference.

"No Nashi, that's not your daddy."  I said.  Levy snorted, and when I looked at her, she gave me a pointed look.  I wiped Nashi's face.

"You can go play now."  I told her.  She scrambled away happily, and ran to the my little pony.  I sat opposite Levy and sighed.

"What was that for?"  I asked.

"You know he's her dad.  You can't hide it."  She argued.

"I don't want him to know."  Levy raised an eyebrow.  "He's married, to the most perfect, lovely woman in the world!  I can't ruin that.  And I mean, how do I tell him?"  I sighed.

"Lucy...  you should.  It's better for Nashi.  And you."  She grabbed my hands.  "You could do with help in raising her.  You said it yourself, Lisanna is lovely.  She wouldn't mind."

"I can't do that.  I don't... I don't want that."  I stared at the table.  "I have you and Erza, I'll be fine."

"Mummy."  Nashi said, holding up a pony.  "Hair."  She crawled into my lap and placed the toy in front of me.  I combed my fingers through the mane before plaiting it.  Nashi stared transfixed at the synthetic hair as I tied it up.  Immediately she grabbed the pony and made a move to go.  I stopped her.

"What do you say?"  I asked sternly.

"Thank you!"  I released her and she ran back off.

"You've got too much going on."  Levy sighed.  "You're only 19 Lucy, 19, and you have a kid, and you've suddenly become older than the girl I met on the beach." 

"I'm not that different, am I?"  I said, staring at myself in a spoon.  I looked tired.  Levy's silence was the only reply I needed.  I sighed and put my head on the table. 

"I need to go soon.  I have the evening shift today.  And I need to take Nashi to the babysitter's house."  I got up and called her.  She came running through.

"It's time for you to get ready for Aunty Juvia's."  I said, taking down her coat.  Nashi pouted.

"Don't wanna go yet."  She said.  "Wanna stay." I sighed.

"If you get your coat on now, you can take your ponies with you."  Her face immediately lit up, and she held her arms out for me.

"You lazy little thing."  I said, tickling her.  Nashi squealed and squirmed under my fingers.  "Can Nashi do it?"  I asked, handing her the coat.  I turned to Levi.

"I'm trying to make her do more things herself."  I told her. 

"I can see."  Levy said. 

"Done!"  Nashi said triumphantly.  I smiled at her.

"Well done."  I said, hoisting her into my lap.  "Kiss kiss?"  I asked, Nashi did, and then snuggled against me. 

"Is she too dependant on me?"  I asked.

"No."  Levy said.  "Not at all."

"That's good."  I said, standing up.  Nashi squealed and grabbed onto me. 

"Let's get going then."  Levy stood up too.

"Thanks for having me over."  She said.

"It's no problem."  I pinched Nashi's cheeks.  "This one likes to see you."  I paused and looked at her.  "Do you like Levy?"  Nashi nodded.

"See."  I said.  I locked the door and took Nashi to her babysitter's.

~

"Hi.  What can I get you?"  I asked the man in front of me.

"How about a piece of that ass?"  He said roughly.  I bit my lip.

"Would you like anything else?"  I asked.

"Pint of.."  he rattled off the brand he wanted and I poured him a drink. 

"Enjoy your drink."  I said.

"Lucy, can you waitress for me?"  My boss asked, gesturing to a tray.

"Sure."  I said, picking it up.

I walked over to the table, it was a couple.  One had pink hair, the other white.

"Who's is the gourmet beef burger?"  I asked.

"Me," the man said.  I placed it down.

"Lucy!"  The woman said.  I looked at her startled, and saw Lisanna.

"O-oh."  I said.  "Hi."  I placed down her food, "Which drink is yours?"

"The red wine."  She smiled, as I set the glass before her.  "So you work here?"

"Yeah.  Only part time though.  I need to look after Nashi as well."  I said, putting down Natsu's beer.

"Anything else I can get for you?"  I asked. 

"No thank you."  Lisanna said.  "Natsu?"

"I'm good."  He said.

"Enjoy your meal."  I smiled.

As I walked away, I glanced back and stared at them.  They looked so happy together.

"Ooph."  Someone walked into my back, and I fell forward, trying not to drop the tray.

"Sorry."  A deep voice said, "here let me help you."  Hands righted the tray and me, and I looked up at the person, smiling.

"Thank you." 

"Lucy?"  I found myself staring into a familiar set of eyes.  Eyes I hadn't seen in at least five years.

"Sting?  Is that you?"

---------------

To be honest, I wasn't planning on adding Sting in, but people were commenting, and I just thought:  heck, why not?  So ta da, Sting Eucliffe.  I'd also like to say:

Let's stop hating on Lisanna!  I feel sorry for her because she ALWAYS seems to be the bitchy character, but in this one I wanted her not to be hated.  Lisanna is nice in this.  Hate on Natsu instead!  😊