Chapter 8- One Idea

Start from the beginning

Niall’s P.O.V

My heart felt like it had just been stabbed several times. After Paul said the first sentence. I just zoned out. Harry always wins. He always gets the girl. The one time I thought she might like me too, management fucks everything up. Her reaction was confusing. She just sat there. I think she was trying to take it in. I couldn’t focus though, the girl I thought I might just love, was being taken away and I had no say, nothing I could do.

Harry’s P.O.V

The minute I saw the article I looked to Dani, she looked at me but quickly turned her attention back to Paul. I kind of liked the idea of us being a couple. I thought Paul was going to tell us not to be seen together anymore, but he did the complete opposite. He asked her to date me. I smiled at first, but thought better of it knowing that would piss Dani off and make her say no. I really didn’t know what she was going to say. She sat there for a while silent, but finally she spoke up.

Dani’s P.O.V

“I really don’t think that’s such a good idea, all due respect but people will start hating on me, and I really don’t need that.” I say after I finally take in what has been asked of me.

“I know and I understand that, but you would be helping us out hugely. We are willing to pay you. Please think about it.” Paul replies. I look at Louis again. He gives me a nod. I know I should but I just don’t know. I have a quick glance at Niall. He is just staring emotionlessly at his lap. I really do think I like him, but Louis is right, I should do this for him. It’s the least I could do after he has been such a good friend to me plus this would really help me with some publicity for my soon to be acting career. I turn back to face Paul and give him my answer.

“I don’t want your money, however I will fake date Harry. There are two conditions though. One, I get to dump him when everything is over, and two I still get major control of my life. Agreed?”

“Absolutely and thank you so much! You are incredible. Harry you will announce it the press at the interview with sugarscape tomorrow. I must be off now. Thank you again, goodbye boys.” With that Paul leaves the room with the rest of management and it’s just the boys and me. This will be awkward.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We just sat there for a while, no one really knew what to say. I watched Nialll most of the time, he looked shattered. I wondered why. Harry sat there smiling to himself everyone now and then. I bet he was happy with himself. Finally getting what he wanted, as usual. Louis just sat silently looking at his hands, occasionally at Harry and Niall then me, but the minute you caught eye contact he would whip his head back down.

“Guys we can’t stay like this forever” Liam finally broke the silence.

“You guys just need to accept this, move on and start getting ready for a stressful couple of months, there is nothing we can do!” Louis continued.

Then a lady walks in and tells us that Harry and I are needed with the publicist to work out the story we tell at interviews. Harry leaves the room and follows her. I slowly get up and head out. Louis gives me a pat on the back and a sympathetic look. I walk out into the corridor and hear someone come out behind me. It’s Niall. He looks so broken. I think I see a small tear fall down his cheek, a disappointed look in his eye. My heart sinks. I feel someone tug on my wrist. It’s Harry.

“Come on, they’re waiting” he says. I follow behind him. I have one last look over my shoulder, but Niall’s gone.

We arrive in the room where a young guy sits at a table waiting for us. Harry knows who he is and shakes his hand. He introduces himself to me.

“Hi, I’m Joe, One Directions publicist.” He holds a hand for me to shake. I accept and reply.

“Hi I’m Dani, nice to meet you”

“Please take a seat” he says and me and Harry both sit.

“So today we basically have to figure out the story that Harry will tell people on the sugarscape interview tomorrow. Something simple and believable, I have a few ideas so tell me your thoughts.” That’s when I just zone out. I can’t listen, not right now.

“So which one?” Joe asks.

“Oh, um Harry you can choose, listen, I have to go umm, I will see you tomorrow tell me when and where to be, bye” I say as I rush out of the room. I can’t be here I need some time to think.

I walk out into the busy London streets. This will be the last time that I will be able to go out unrecognized. After tomorrow, everyone will know me as “Harry Styles girlfriend” the last thing I ever thought I’d be. I walk around aimlessly for hours. Taking in the scenery. I haven’t had much of a chance to see London yet.

That reminds me, I never I rang Sam back. Maybe he is free now. I get out my phone and dial his number.

“Hello?” he answers.

“Hey Sam, it’s Dani. From the plane?” I say.

“I know caller I.D” says with a chuckle. I go a little red.

“I thought you had forgotten about me! How have you been?” he asks.

“Of course I haven’t! I’m ok. I was wondering if you’re busy. Wanna show me London tonight?”

“Sure I would love to!”

“Great meet at that café you told me about on the plane in say 45 minutes?” I ask.

“Sounds like a plan, see you soon.” He says. He hangs up and a huge smile makes its way across my face. I start the long walk to the café on the other side of town.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I finally arrive just on time to meet Sam. I see him across the café and I wave at him. Hem sees me, smiles and starts to make his way over.

“Hey, it’s so good to see you!” he says with a huge smile.

“You too, it’s been a while, you ready to show me London?”

“Absolutely, lets go!”

He spends the night showing me around. London’s amazing he’s amazing. I get to know so much about him. He is so sweet, kind and funny. It gets to 11pm and I tell him I have to go as I have a big day tomorrow. He wishes me good luck, and promises to keep in touch. I wander home through the streets of London until I finally arrive home. I crash on my bed and fall asleep instantly. Nervous for tomorrow.

I hope you like this chapter, it took a lot to write so much! dedicated to BHJUNE cause I am obssesed with her story. Enjoy!