Finding Momo

It all started with a simple question of two words asked by a sleepy little tot, "Where Momo?"

   And now, Ruru was in his car driving to the places they went to today searching for a stuffed duck.
-
   "Look at your son. He looks so peaceful," Kylie smiled craning her neck, her eyes pinned on her son in his carseat.

   Ruru looked at the rearview mirror and smiled, "Napagod siguro kakalaro."

   "Ang saya niya nitong araw nato. Grabe ang hyper!"

   "Pasalamat nalang tayo na spoiled siya sa mga Ashti at Aldo niya," Ruru chuckled. He still laughs at how bizzare his son's endearments are for his godparents.

   "I think Mikee's her favorite Ashti."

   "Mikee's not his Ashti, Ide-a daw she said," Ruru shook his head remembering the long impromptu presentation she had with her phone just to prove her point, no kidding.

   "Kase siya daw yung totoong panganay natin. Hay, that girl," Kylie smiled.

   "Babe, you go get him out of the carseat and I'll bring the baby bag," he compromised the moment he parked the car.

   "Why? I took him out of the carseat the whole day."

   "I can't do it without waking him up but, you can."

   She sighed, "Fine."

   Carefully, she unbuckled the seatbelt of the carseat and slowly carried her two year old in her arms. She gently bounced him in his arms trying to shift his weight to make him lighter.

   Why did he have to get his father's build?

   "Baby, you're so heavy na," she whispered and kissed his cheeks. She swears, those cheeks are so red they look like apples.

   "M-ma," Amir mummbles.

   "Hey there, Pogi," she greets him with a smile, laying him down on his toddler bed.

   "Mama, I hungry," he said rubbing his tummy.

   "You ask Baba to get you food. I'll get you clothes muna so you can take ba-bath na huh?" she instructs clearing his forehead of stray hair.

   "Baba, food peash," he said tapping his father's knee.

   Ruru scooped down and carried his son, "You want cookies?"

   "Hey, no cookies. He had ice cream with Aldo Rocco and Ashti Sanya a while ago."

   "Okay, no cookies daw, Baby. Payag ka?" Ruru bounced him in his arms.

   Amir nodded.

   "No yummy, crunchy, chocolatey, delicious, yum yum in your tum tum cookies?"

   "Ru, don't do that. Go get your son some biscuits or something," Kylie looked over her shoulder and glared at him.

   "Yes, Ma'am. Let's go get you some food, lil' man!" he exclaimed and was out the door in a snap.

   In a while, the two were back with a few crumbs on Amir's lips. Munching on snacks was never really a clean task for the young boy.

   "Amir, you show Mama your pout," Ruru instructed.

   Amir put his cracker down and pouted his lips. Kylie giggled. He looked just like her. Ruru snapped a picture of his son right after putting him down. A few seconds later, Kylie's phone notified her that her husband just posted something new and mentioned her in the caption.