“…if you lose, Raging Entertainments will take you and the Shining Entertainments’ name will be sullied.” I gulped down. I just remembered I carry the name of my current company.

“That’s why, I’ve decided to train you before the event comes.” He looked above us again. “As much as I don’t like the company’s name being sullied.” He looked at me, his eyes glimmering in the darkness. “I also don’t want to lose my stupid underling.”

My face reddened and my heart started to beat unusually. I hid my face despite of the darkness. I don’t know if that’s an insult but that one simple statement made my heart melt.

I’m falling for him again… no… I’m falling for him more. He stood up and looked at me.

“By the way… I’ve heard your conversation with Eiichi while you we’re dancing. I’m just right behind you… and thanks.” His tone was cold as usual. But that doesn’t really matter. After that he left me.

“Why are you doing this to me?” I murmured at the empty space.

You told me to forget about my feelings for you, but why aren’t you helping me. Instead, the simple things you do and the simplest words you say could make me fall for you more. I looked at the starry sky. Can you please give me back my permission to love you again, even if it means loving you secretly and enduring all the pain all to myself.

***

I woke up with a headache. I only ate an alcohol infused fruit cake and I’m already experiencing a hangover. I stood out of bed and changed my clothes. I didn’t rush things because I’m already an hour late from my schedule.

I went directly to the living room. Upon entering, all their eyes darted towards my direction. Saotome and Tsukimiya-sensei are also here.

“What’s up?” I asked while yawning.

Saotome and the others look pretty serious. Tsukimiya-sensei handed me a brown folder. My eyebrows knitted in confusion as I took it from him.

“What’s this?” I asked.

“I already passed your application to the Uta-shin competition. But… the heads recommended that you should retake your examinations before they consider.” Tsukimiya-sensei uttered and let out a deep sigh.

“Few of your other subjects’ grades are pretty… uhm… bad” He continued.

I opened the folder and saw three subjects marked FAILED. My Jaw dropped and my eyes popped.

“I have to retake this?!” I asked. He just nodded his head in response.

“But the Uta-shin is a few months away. I still have to do some lyric writing and practice and such.” I exclaimed.

“You can’t join Uta-shin with that…” he pointed at the paper that I’m holding. “... in your record.” Saotome  answered. I let out a deep long sigh.

“…and the examination will be held in three days’ time.” Tsukimiya-sensei added.

My jaws dropped again and my brain stopped working.

“You mean… I only have three days to review all these?!” I asked.

“You can do it Yuki. It’s just a piece of cake.” He said cheerfully. A piece of cake? But I’m stupid, Mikaze said so. And Mikaze’s data is never incorrect.

I think my brain just got damaged from hearing all those things from them. I looked at the paper and I can still see the three red marks with the capitalized word FAILED on it. I smiled sheepishly at the thought. What do I expect, that the marks would just disappear like poof? Damn this stupid brain of mine.

I turned to look at Mikaze who’s currently wearing a disappointed expression. I held the paper up and showed it to him. He closed his eyes and let out a sigh. He grabbed my wrist and started dragging me to someplace.

-Public Library

“What are we doing here?” I asked.

“What do you think?” he countered.

He roamed around the entire library and me, following him like a dog. One shelf to another, he just kept on passing me books until my arms couldn’t carry another one.

“That’s all.” He uttered.

“What are these for?” I asked.

“What do you think?” He asked me in his usual tone. I blinked twice and he let out a sigh.

“You have to read and understand all of these books in three days’ time.” He explained.

“All of these?” “Yes.” “You mean I have to read all these?” “Yes.” “In three days.” “Yes”