"Yes Mrs.Welkins. I made them by hand and some from a machine , but mostly by hand. I have some more if you want to see them."

I smiled , "No this is perfect. You're in. Please. Please come up with more designs. This is beautiful! Sheila will show you where your office is."

She smiled and left the office.
We got a newbie , but she was hot like fire.

Hours after long hard work , Davon walked into my office. I remember this like old times , but instead we didn't have to sneak anymore.

"Hey sexy." He said coming up to me.
He smelled so good , looked even better.

"Hey daddy. I've been missing you all day." I whispered , pulling my skirt up.
This wasn't anything new. We always had sex in my office a couple time throughout the week. 

Before we could even get into it , Jasmine came in.

"Sorry boss. I don't mean ... I'll leave." She quickly turned around.
I straightened myself.

"No no. Honey it's fine. What do you need?" I walked towards her. 

"I just wanted to make sure if I was starting off on the right foot before I went forward with the next design.

"Oh yeah. That's perfect. Just keep working. There'll always be things that needs to be tweaked. " I nodded and smiled.
"Oh by the way , Davon this is our new temporary assistant, Jasmine. She's filling in for Sheila. Jasmine this is my husband -"

"Davon Welkins. I know. You're on everything. Magazine covers , books , billboards , everything. It's really great to meet you. It's a true pleasure." She cut me off.

Davon smirked , "Yeah. It took my long hard years to get my face on anything. So work hard."

She nodded , "Thank you. I'll see you tomorrow boss."

"She seems like a nice kid." Davon said.

"Yes. That girl has talent. True talent."

----------

After work , I picked Davis up from school and headed home. Davon and I drove separate cars , so he should be home before me.

"Hey ma. Can I go over James house this weekend. His birthday is Saturday."

"Of course little man. You sure can."

Becoming a mother was still new to me after ten years. I was wondering what if something goes wrong with my parenting and I won't know what to do anymore. But I felt so far I was doing a wonderful job.

Davis plays basketball and he is very good at it. Davon and I have been to every game supporting our boy. 

"When is your next game Davie?" I called him Davie all the time.

"Next Friday." He said playing his video game. 

When we arrived , Davon's car wasn't there.

I called him , and he said he'd be on his way home.

I wouldn't dare to think that Davon would be cheating on me because I knew he loved me from the moment we first met. It was really love at first sight. He just wanted to choose my Ex Bestfriend , Cynthia. After all the things that happen ten years ago , I haven't seen or spoken to her. Parts of me hope she's okay.

When Davon arrived , he had someone behind him. It was Jasmine.

"What happened?"I asked looking at her. She had a black eye and her clothes were ripped to shreds.

"She said her and her mother got into an argument and it lead to this." Davon said helping her take her jacket off.

"Oh my goodness. I'll run you a bath okay?"

She nodded ,still crying. 

I helped her upstairs into the bath. "thanks Mrs. Welkins. I told Mr.Welkins he didn't have to stop. He didn't have to help me."

"No honey. He did the right thing. I'm glad he found you when he did." I rubbed her back.

Jasmine stayed for dinner , but it seems like she wanted to stay the night.

"Mrs.Welkins." she called.

"Please call me Carol." I looked up at her.

She sat her fork down , "My mom and I don't have the best relationship right now. Do you mind if I stay here until Monday?" She asked.

"Of course. That's fine with me. Where are your clothes."

"I have to go and get them. Hopefully I can leave out without her saying anything. " She shrugged.

"You're 22, old enough to leave without saying anything."

"You're right."

Davon took her to get her clothes from her mother's house and they came..back within thirty minutes.

I showed her the guest bedroom.
"Thanks again Carol. I really appreciate it." She smiled.

"No problem."

Jasmine was a sweet girl , smart and beautiful. I don't see why her mother would treat her like that.
I would never put my hands on my child.

"How is she?" Davon asked.

"She's fine. I showed her the guest room and everything she needed."

"I feel sorry for her. That's a shame her mother treats her that way. Fighting your own daughter? It's ridiculous." He said.

"Right. I don't know if she should got back to her mom's. Maybe we can give her enough money to buy an apartment." I suggested.

"Maybe. We'll see how everything goes. Let's go to bed." He kissed me.

"Goodnight babe." I kissed him back.

"Goodnight."