Chapter 4: The Threat

//Robert's POV \\

"Let's start!" Emily said

"Oh sure!" I said

~a few minutes later...~

"Wow... You're fast!" Emily said

"Thanks!" I said

Our project was already done. So Emily started a conversation. I didn't realize how much we had in common!

//Emily's POV\\

Wow, me and Robert have so much in common.

Maybe I should ask him to go with me to the cafeteria...

"So.. Your a robot?" I asked

"Yeah!"

"It's pretty cool...so.... You wanna go eat lunch together at the cafeteria?" I blurted out

"I-I'd love too! But I don't really eat. I just drink my can of oil."

I blushed while laughing. I think I'm starting to have feelings for Robert and it's only been 5 minutes! I have got to be the weirdest person ever! The bell rang and me and Robert walked to the cafeteria. While walking we talked about the carnival. I feel great around Robert! He actually understands me. We talked and talked and talked! Finally we were at the cafeteria eating lunch.

//Robert's POV\\

I brought at my motor oil. While Emily brought out a hamburger and some orange juice.

"Have you ever tasted burgers before?" Emily asked

"I've tasted cotton candy before but I would rather stick to my cans of oil." I said

"Come on taste the burger please!! At least one." She said

I actually didn't want to taste anymore human food but I knew it might disappoint her. So I ate one whole patty.

And pretty soon everything was dark. What's happening?

//HOURS LATER\\

"Robert..."

"Robert..."

"WAKE UP!!!!"

//Emily's POV\\

Finally, Robert opened his eyes. I shouldn't have made him eat that burger! What is wrong with me?!

"What...happened?" Robert asked

"After eating that burger that a certain SOMEBODY gave to you, your robot mechanics couldn't take it. So you powered down and blacked out." Professor said as he walked in the room. He emphasized the word 'somebody' while glaring at me. He already knew it was all my fault. Then a robot-looking dog ran in the room and attacked me! Pretty soon I was lying on the floor. This dog is REALLY strong for a PUPPY!

//Robert's POV\\

Dylan started growling at Emily. Emily screamed.

"Dylan." I said

Dylan looked at me.

"That's enough." I said

Dylan left the room still growling. Emily stood up and said:

"Robert I am so sorry! I should ha-"

"It's Ok." I said

I stood up.

Emily smiled and said "I'm sorry... Really.... To prove it, what do you say we go to the lake?"

I smiled and said:

"Ok... But I just need to fix myself up for a sec."

I left. Leaving professor and Emily in the room.

//Emily's POV\\

After Robert left, professor glared at me while closing the door.

"Remember, Emily if you ever hurt Robert, I am going to do something... And you won't like it!"

Professor left the room when Robert entered. I was speechless.

"Let's go."

I looked and saw Robert all ready to go. I faked a smile and went to the lake with Robert.

//Robert's POV\\

The lake was so peaceful and beautiful. Emily then sat on a boat. The boat was tied to the dock. Emily smiled. Which made me smile too. She asked me if I wanted to go on a boat ride and I said yes. But wait! Maybe I should get something for emily as as all token of my gratitude.

"Wait there. I'll be right back!" I said

Emily just nodded. I ran to the nearby store and saw the most beautiful necklace.

"I'll buy that necklace please!" I said

The shopkeeper gave me the necklace in exchange for like half of my savings! Wow so expensive! But it was worth it. Just for Emily. Suddenly I heard a loud scream at the lake.

"Emily!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N: Oh no! What's gonna happen to Emily?! Find out at the next chapter! Coming soon! P.S. Sorry short chapter!)

Next Chapter's Title: "Robert to the rescue!"