Chapter 1: Robert's Birthday

In a small town there was a kind scientist who made different kinds of experiments. He wasn't really famous because most of his experiments go terribly wrong. Like the giant robot spider which almost destroyed the whole town but that's a different story. But one faithful day his experiment finally worked...

//Scott's POV\\

Let's hope this works....

I did it! I'm finally done with my latest invention! I call it Robert the robot!!!

The robot's eyes opened he sat up and said

"Good morning, father."

"Hello Robert." Professor Scott said in a gentle voice.

He looked like a real boy, so real you can't tell he is a robot. But when you notice how he walks, talks, and how his hands feel like, you will definitely find out he is a robot.

"Hey Robert, listen to this my mechanical friend, if ever I have a son or daughter, I want you to take good care of them. Understand?"

"Affirmative." Robert said

"Oh wait! I forgot to add In a few things."

Scott added emotions to the robot and made his voice sound like a real boy. They were both vey happy.

~Years Later~

//Robert's POV\\

I woke up and looked at my hands. I wish I was a real boy then I realized it was my 18th robot birthday. I stood up and looked at the mirror. I still see the same old robot face. Why was I created anyway? I mean, I was suppose to take care of a kid where is the kid? I remembered professor never really met any woman so he raised me as his son. Then suddenly I heard a voice coming from downstairs.

"Robert! Breakfast!"

I quickly went downstairs and saw my dad holding a can of oil. Great! Cause I was famished. I drank the oil and sat on the table.

"Happy birthday Robert!" Professor said

I smiled, then frowned again.

"What's wrong?" Professor asked

"Nothing."

"Look Robert, you can't change who you are. Even if you're a robot on the outside, you are still a kind-hearted human on the inside." Professor said

"Anyways, here is my gift for you!!"

I opened the big wrapped gift and opened the box, inside were school clothes, a backpack, books and some other school materials.

"I don't mean to be ungrateful but... What will I do with these?" I asked

"Well... I figured you feel lonely so I thought of sending you to preschool but I realized your too smart for that so... I'm sending you to.....HIGH SCHOOL!"

I got excited at the last part. Could this finally be my chance to be a real boy?

"I love it!!" I said

"Class starts tomorrow 10:00 am ok? So wake up at 8:00 to get an early start!"

I can't wait for tomorrow!! Oh, I'm gonna make a lot of friends and I won't be so sad anymore!! This is the best day ever!!

"Uh...professor, one last birthday wish." I said

I whispered what I want in his ear and he said:

"WISH GRANTED!!!!" He exclaimed.

He went straight to his lab and started crafting. When he was finished, presented it to me.

"One robot dog just for you!"

"Thanks, professor!"

"And this one talks!"

Professor pressed the red button which turned on the robot dog. I was the happiest robot in the whole world!! I have the best professor ever! Then the phone rang. Professor picked it up.

"Hello? What? Interview for scientist promotion?! Sure I'll be right there. Bye!" Professor put the phone down. He seemed much more excited than me. He quickly took his briefcase and said:

"Gaurd the house, Robert."

"Ok."

He left. Soon it was just me and my robot dog.

"Hello, my name is Dylan the talking robot dog. But please call me Dylan"

"Hello, Dylan I'm Robert the robot."

"Would you like to play fetch?"

"Sure!"

~A few hours later...~

//Dylan's POV\\

"Hahaha! Ok, now your turn, Robert. Truth or dare?"

"Truth!"

"Tell me something you never told anyone before."

"Well... I told my dad this once... I'm tired of being a robot."

"What?!" I yelled in shock.

"You know, being a robot is ok but maybe being a real boy is even better." Robert said

"I understand you." I said

"You do?"

"Yes. I do. But Robert, listen, we can't change who we are. If we were born human, then we're human. If born robot, then we are robots. The longer you accept it, the better it will be for everyone." I said

Man, this robot must be having problems. Maybe I can cheer him up.

"Your right. That's also what professor said. I'll never be a real boy." Robert said

Oh man it backfired!

"That's not what I meant! I-"

DING-DONG! DING-DONG!

The doorbell! Professor's back!

//Robert's POV\\

I opened the door and saw professor. At least he's happy. I pretended to be tired so he wouldn't suspect I'm sad.

"Welcome home, professor. May I go re-charge now?"

"Oh yes! Come on let's go!"

We went upstairs to my bed professor tucked me into bed. He took my plug and put it in the socket. I instantly fell asleep. I got a big day tomorrow.

//Dylan's POV\\

Poor Robert....

I hope he is happy again tomorrow.

"Dylan!!! Re-charging time!"

Professor went to my small dog bed. He seems super happy and Robert is the total opposite!

"Why so happy professor?" I asked

"Well Dylan, I got a promotion today now we will get a lot of money to buy more stuff! Here's a little secret: I will save so Robert will go to school next year!"

"Am I allowed to go with Robert to school?" I asked

"Sorry, Dylan. I'm afraid not." Professor said

Aww... What if something bad happens to him! I must go but I can't tell anyone...

"Goodnight, Dylan!"

"Goodnight Professor!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N: Hey, hey, hey!! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter!! Chapter 2 is coming soon! Don't forget to comment or vote! Sneak peek: next chapter, Robert meets Andrew!)