I immediately felt a rush of regret as she flinched backwards, her eyes pooling with a fresh batch of incoming tears.

"Eli."I mumbled, rubbing her shoulder as she began to sob lightly,"I'm sorry."

She sniffled, and I tried to not notice the ruined mascara the rested under her eyes,"No, God you shouldn't be sorry. You have nothing to be sorry about. I made you think that I was using you! My Lord, I feel terrible."

She trembled, bursting into tears again and I rubbed her back akwardly, unsure of what I was supposed to be doing.

"No, I screamed at you for no reason."I admitted, guilt lining my words as I frowned,"I took out all my anger about Luke, Blake and everything on you. That wasn't right."

My heart squeezed panfully as Elizabeth shook her head, denying my words as she began to apologise profusely. I put up my hand to stop her rant. Something in me had stirred. I wanted to tell her everything. I didn't why. Or how.

"Elizabeth."I sighed heavily and she closed her mouth sensing a change of emotion in my posture,"I haven't been exactly honest with you either."

Her eyebrows furrowed lightly but she nodded her head, gesturing for me to continue.

"My relationship with Blake wasn't a smooth ride."

"I would figure, it was an arranged marriage."

I nodded, a heavy frown tugging at my lips as I began to tell Elizabeth the hazards of our relationship and how Blake had really treated me. Her glare began to grow and at the end of my story she was yelling in outrage.

"I always knew he a fucking asshole, but how could he even do that to you!"she shrieked, throwing her hands up while I watched in amusement,"I swear, when I get my hands on him I will rip him to shreds! I will fucking skin him, then boil him in fucking hot damned water then shave all his fucking hair of his damn head and - "

I laughed, placing a hand on her shoulder,"It's Alright Eli. That was years ago."

Her glare now rested on me, and an anger frown began to creep up her lips,"No, Alison! It's not okay. You can't just think how he treated was okay and just move on! No girl, hell, no one, deserves to be treated like that!"

"I know."I said, surprising both of us with the amount of calmness in my voice,"But there's nothing I can do to change the past. And to be honest I don't really regret getting married to him."

Her eyes widened and she opened her mouth to scream her disagreement, however I quickly continued on.

"He taught me that life wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. There were boulders that we had conquer. Some where big. And some were small. But each made us the person who we are today. It taught us that even if life had pulled us low. So low that possibility of getting back up was as possible as seeing a pig fly. That even if everything and everyone seemed against us that we would still try. Even if it didn't work in the end, at least we knew that we tried. Because that's enough."

"And Blake made me stronger. I wasn't the little girl who changed herself to fit in with the crowed. I wasn't the little girl who agree with anything someone said. I wasn't that little, frightened girl who withered before anyone's stare. I was and am the woman who stand up to what I believe in. And I will forever be thankful that Blake had shown me a new side of life, ugly it may be, but I had learnt from that."

A thick, heavy silence rests over us after I finished, and Elizabeth only stares, her eyes wide and mouth gaping.

"Well."she said, clearing her throat and grinning up at me,"that was deep."