-Chapter 27-

Vote if you enjoy!

"Deal," I say. Draco smirks at me, and I elbow him. 

The crowd disperses, and Lindsey announces that we're leaving for dinner in fifteen minutes. I stand awkwardly, unsure as to who to talk to. Draco waves Pansy, Crabb, Goyle and another boy over. 

"Clara, this is Blaise, Crabb, Goyle... And er, Pansy." I smile, giving them a half-assed wave. Pansy waves back. "Right then, I'll be back in a moment, you guys talk." 

Draco walks away but is followed by Blaise, Crabb and Goyle, who start pestering him with questions, though I can't quite make out any words. I have a funny feeling they're asking about me. I look up at Pansy, wincing. 

"Hi?" 

"Hey."

"So," I say, she nods. "You too, eh?" I raise my wrist, showing her my scar. She nods. "What did you do?"

"Nothing, actually." She snaps. I flinch. 

"I didn't mean-"

"Sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you." She says quickly, "It's a habit."

I nod awkwardly. "So...?"

"Oh! Right, a Gryffindor and a Ravenclaw told her I cheated on a test. I hadn't, actually, but because it was the first time all year I had passed one and she didn't even check. Four detentions. I didn't even realise other people had them on their backs too. I thought it was just me."

I nod slowly, "I'm sorry."

"Nah, it's not your fault. Unless you were the Gryffindor you ratted me out in which case I will kill you."

I shake my head, smiling weakly, "No, not me. To be honest, I'd be too scared."

"Fair enough too!" Draco says, laughing as he walks up to us. "I wouldn't double-cross Pansy unless I had to."

"That's because you're smart. And my friend. She, on the other hand..."

"Leave it, Pansy." Blaise hisses, elbowing her. He grins at Draco, then at me. 

"Don't you dare-" Draco starts, but is cut off by Blaise. 

"Firstly, Draco says you shouldn't have agreed not to have sex in the common room."

"Git," Draco says under his breath, his face turning pink. 

"And secondly, he wants to know if you'll be his Girlfriend. He's too scared to ask you himself, bless him." Blaise finishes, smirking at the two of us. I giggle, 

"Well, he'll just have to ask me himself, then," I say, and Draco groans.

"Do you have an explanation as to why you had to do that now, Blaise?" 

"I thought it was great," Pansy says, smirking. 

"I believe in communication in relationships, my friend. If you won't communicate, I will do it for you." 

"I hate you."

"You will hate me until you get it on, at which point I expect a formal apology."

"You won't be getting one."

xxx

As we walk into the Great Hall, Draco, who hasn't worked up the courage to say anything to me yet, wraps his arm around my shoulders. I'm shaking, and he noticed. They'll be in here. They all will be in here. Somehow, for some stupid reason, Draco and I end up on the outside of the wrong side of the group of Slytherins. I look up briefly from my feet to see every DA member looking at me. Glaring at me. I look away.

xxx

In every class the next day I sit with Draco. We share flirtatious banter every now and then, and we glance at each other knowingly, smirking, but he doesn't ask me anything, which is a bit disappointing. Still, every time I look up, I see someone glaring at me. Seething. I found out they all have a detention that afternoon. I told Draco that I was going to go and he followed me here. 

We stand outside of the Great Hall, waiting. I can hear the other whimpering and I know she must have her tortuous quills out, and is making them all use them. Finally, I hear the rustling of robes coming towards the door. I step out of the way, bracing myself as they push past, elbows slamming into me. Into my gut. Hard. 

Harry, Ron and Hermione are the last ones to leave.

"Harry-"

He doesn't say anything. He doesn't even look at me. Hermione glares at me. Harry passes me, then stops.  I freeze waiting for him to say something. He's shaking. Visibly shaking. 

"Harry," I say quietly. I glance at Draco, who hangs back, watching me. Keeping an eye on me. 

"You gave up our secret because she did that to you, didn't you?" He snaps, turning to face me, face eerily calm. I can feel Ron and Hermione's eyes burning into my back but I don't dare turn around. 

"Yes but-"

"You gave in because of a few cuts."

"Harry-"

"And you call yourself a Potter."

xxx

This is a short chapter but I wanted to post it anyway so here it is guys. 

Yep okie that is definitely all from me this weekend!  

(I'm using this to procrastinate) 

See you next week!

Taylor xx