-Chapter 16-

Vote if you enjoy!

"You kiss me." 

I stare at him gobsmacked. He's got to be kidding. I know he isn't, however, due to his mischievous grin. Should I? It's not particularly romantic, a bit of a disappointment for a first kiss. My cheeks start to burn, he's waiting for an answer. If he apologised to Ron, not only would it be a start at making the boys cooperate, but it might actually make Harry trust him. I know I have the power here. It's my kiss. I run over and over his request in my mind, before grinning. 

Slowly, I walk over to him. He looks at me expectantly. How awkward. I step to his right, leaning down and gently pressing a kiss into his cheek. I hesitate before pulling away. I can smell his hair and the faintest salty smell of sweat below a layer of cologne. He smells clean. Quickly I pull away, blushing.  He gives me an unamused look. 

"I meant on the lips, Potter." 

"Oi, you never specified as to where you wanted me to kiss you, Malfoy." He smirks,

"Or when, and since I have now made it clear the preferred location of the kiss, by my reckoning you still owe me one." 

We stand a silence for a moment, then burst out laughing. It's a bit of an awkward laugh at first, but then the awkward dissolves. 

"I might," I say coyly, turning to leave,

"I hate you, Potter,"

"I hate you too, Malfoy." 

xxx

I grin all the way back to the common room. It's an uncontrollable grin, the sort that almost hurt your face, but you just can't stop. Stopping would be harder. When I reach the entrance to the common room I compose myself, noting that whoever is inside probably won't be celebrating. We may have won, but we did lose two players. And that song probably spoiled the victory for most of us, anyway. I shouldn't be smiling. It'll look suspicious. 

I say the password, the painting swings out of the way, and I step inside. The common room is warm and though it's lively enough, I can still see Harry, Ron, Hermione and the other Weasley's sitting around one of the fires, looking rather glum. I walk over, trying to pick up on their conversation, but they stop once they see me. I smile sheepishly. 

"Hey,"

"How's Malfoy," Ron spits. They're angry. Of course they are. 

"He's fine, no thanks to Harry and George," The two look up at me, disgruntled. "They're not going to sing the song again. He promised." 

"Oh yeah, and we can believe anything Draco tells you?"

"Listen, you can sulk around in here all weekend and feel sorry for yourself, or you can accept that just maybe he is capable of telling the truth. To his friend. I yelled his arse off in there ok? He gets it. You may not think so, but he listens to me. I also told him to apologise. To your face. And when he does I expect you to accept his apology." I snap, glaring around the room. I wince, "Especially since he's coming to Christmas," 

"What?!" The group collectively shouts. Harry stands up, Ginny and Hermione glance at each other, and I don't think I've ever seen the Twins so angry. Ron goes pale as a ghost. 

"He's going to be on his best behaviour, and he is going to make an effort to get along with you lot so I expect the same from you," 

"His fathers a," Harry lowers his voice to a hiss, "Death eater. Are you insane? Giving away our location?! They'll never allow it!"

"Actually, Molly's already said yes. IF I can figure out a way to get him there and back without him remembering where it is and who exactly is in it." 

"MUM SAID YES?!" Ron and the Twins screech. 

"Yes," I nod, holding my ground, "And Hermione is going to help me with getting him there, aren't you Hermione?

She gives me a look, 

"Aren't you Hermione?" I say again, elbowing her. She scowls. 

"Yes Clara,"

Though the boys don't seem completely satisfied, Hermione helping me with the spells encourages them. They trust Hermione's judgement more than they've ever trusted mine. I try not to take offence by that fact.

xxx

I'm a snake. But I'm not. This isn't my dream, not really. Its Harry's. I'm a snake. I'm slithering along a tiled black floor. It's dark. Wake up Harry, now. This isn't real. But it is. My head tumbles and turns, trying to wake up, but I can't. Then I see him. Mr Weasley. Arthur. I'm a snake. I'm the snake. He's on the floor. There's blood. It's on my face. I shudder. The snake lunges at him again. I lunge at him again. Bite him again. 

"Clara! Clara it's ok, it's ok," 

I jump. I'm not a snake. I'm lying in my bed. Harry. That was Harry's dream, not mine. I'm too good for the dreams. I can push them away like a child who doesn't  want to eat their dinner. 

"Harry," I choke, "Harry, I need to see Harry-" 

"Clara-" Hermione starts, but I swing my legs off the bed and stand. 

"Its' Arthur. He's hurt. Hermione I saw it- Harry saw it. He's been hurt. It was real."

"It was a dream Clara-"

"What did you say about my dad?" Ginny says groggily, sitting up in bed. 

"It wasn't a dream!" I snap, looking Hermione in the eye. She sits back, than stands. She grabs my jacket and then hers, before throwing one to Ginny. Ginny gives her a look of confusion. In a daze I lead them out of our dorm room and down the stairs to the common room. I watch my feet carefully, putting all my attention and energy into focusing on no falling over. I then look up, and squint, to see Harry. 

"Harry!" I murmur. He turns, and I rush over to him. He pulls me into a hug. "I saw it too," I whisper. He nods. When we break apart I turn to see McGonagal and Ron looking at us. McGonagal looks frazzled, and Ron looks especially stressed. 

"We're going to see Dumbledore, quickly," 

xxx

Woo ok 

See you guys next week.

Do you know if there's anyway for me to see when I first published book 1? Since I edited it the chapter published dates aren't right.

Thanks,

Taylor 

Also I promise they will kiss soon I just have to get there. Guess when!