Dear My Future

October 27, 2015

That was a long time ago. How is she... What is she up to... None of those questions have been answered but the 3 have remained together since then. Hina was a close friend of theirs who even Ayami knew. She decided to join the crew on their journey through life.

Everyone was busy and in festive spirits. They were all too excited to dress up for halloween and were choosing what to wear.
"I think I'll dress up as a cat" Mia said
They all smiled and said she would look stunning. "I'll dress up like I am one year older!" Reina laughed
Reina was very excited as she was turning 16 the next day.
They looked up at her happy face and smiled back at her. Hina glanced their direction and smiled.

Thoughts started to mix up in her head. How hard it must have been to leave these 3. They were anything you could ask for in a friend. Hina was sad as many around them told her that she was replacing Ayami. She hated the thought of replacing her but in a way she felt like she was. It had been almost a year since Ayami left but it was as if others didn't want another friend. She wondered many things but the others surrounded her. Karin gave her a pat on the back and smiled "Don't worry! We love you because you are our friend! For that we will never leave you!" Reina piped in too "Losing somebody is not the end." Karin looked her in the eye and said "It's just them turning to a brand new page in their story."

Hina felt comforted and decided to ignore what others had to say.
"Reina!" A young girl came running up the stairs and handed her a present.
"What's this?" Reina asked
"I dunno. Mom just gave it to me to give to you" with that she closed the door. They looked at each other with raised eyebrows and opened the package. Inside was a letter and a photo. It said:

Dearest Reina,
I am unable to be there in person but I am still able to give you a birthday present. For the time that I spent with you I never regretted any second. You may go through some difficulties as you grow older but you have also become stronger too. I will forever remain by your side whether or not I am there.

I have found the butterfly of my future. I know which path to take now and in life, sacrifices must be made to reach the right path. Thank you for allowing me to go my way. I know, deep inside you, you must follow your own path. Don't wonder anymore. Take a huge step and you will find a treasure you will cherish forever.

No matter what I will remain by your side. The others will remain by your side. This year, think of the future you would like. You will not regret it. Write to your future self. Open it in the future and see what you have accomplished.

Happy 16th Birthday, Reina
Love. Ayami

Reina smiled at the kind words with tears filling up in her eyes. Mia gave her a page "here! You should start!" The others got up to leave as Reina began to write.

Dear My Future....