Chapter 13 - Batchelorette Party

Three months had passed. We were back on the Gold Coast in Australia and it was the night of my batchelorette party. Me, Rikki, Bella, Emma and some more of my friends from school were here. Everything was going great but Charlotte thought she would show up.

'What is she doing here?' Emma asked.

'I don't know. I think we'd better ask Charlotte that' I replied as we walked over to her. Rikki tapped Charlotte on the shoulder.

'Why are you here? You weren't invited' Rikki asked Charlotte with a snide and rude tone in her voice.

'I just wanted to congratulate Cleo the day before her wedding' Charlotte stated.

'Really? That's sweet bit like Rikki said you weren't invited so can you please... leave? That would be great' I said. it was easy to hear that I wasn't happy with the tone of my voice.

'Sure but I just want to give you this' Charlotte said politely, handing me a neatly wrapped gift.

'I'm scared to open it. Is it a bomb?' I asked. I was being serious because that's the type of thing Charlotte would give as a gift.

'You think so little of me. Just open it' Charlotte said smiling. I opened the gift. To my surprise it was a beautiful diamond necklace and bracelet with a hand made wedding card. The card had a painting of me and Lewis inside a red love heart.

'Wow Charlotte this is really thoughtful, its beautiful. Thank you' I said politely.

'Its nothing. So what do you say, friends?' Charlotte asked offering me her hand. I looked at Rikki, Emma and Bella, they didn't look like they trusted her yet.

'Umm sure' I said with hesitation. I shook her hand. She smiled.'But you can't come to the wedding. All the seats are filled and the caterers already have the list of everything we need. I hope you understand' I added because I didn't trust Charlotte completely.

'Of course I understand. All then things I've done to you I wouldn't invite me either' she said walking out of the party.

'I don't trust her' Rikki said as we walked back over to everyone else.

'Me neither' said Emma.

'I wonder how Lewis is doing. I miss him' I said.

'Cleo you've only been away from him for a day and you're getting married tomorrow you will see him soon enough' Bella said.

'Yeah come on have some fun. It's your last night of being a Sertori, you will be called Cleo McCartney in about seventeen hours' Rikki said. I smiled.

'Cleo McCartney? I like it' I said with a smile on my face.

'I can't wait until tomorrow. Cleo you are going to look gorgeous' said Emma.

'Thanks Emma. I can't wait either. I get to see Lewis again and I will be getting married. Then I will throw the bouquet to all the girls then one of you three will catch it' I said.

'I will catch it' said Rikki.

'No way. I will be the one who catches the bouquet' Bella said laughing.

'none of you will catch it' said Emma.

'Oh and how's that? Rikki asked.

'Because I will catch it' Emma said. We all started lauging and hugging.

'Tomorrow will be perfect' I said.