My Story

This story is my own. Enjoy.

Coming out to my step dad:
Earlier that night we were in the car and my step sister was ranting about how much she hated gay people and how it was disgusting what they do in bed, while outing her boyfriend as Bisexual to her father. But anyways, once we got home I told him this.

Me: "You know, that conversation in the car really got me to thinking. It made me uncomfortable because personally I do like girls and I feel things for them. I'm not sure if mom already told you or not but I just wanted to say that."

Him: "No you're mom didn't tell me anything. And really it doesn't matter if you're gay, straight, lesbian, bi, whatever you are. It doesn't matter to me what you're doing in your bedroom as long as it doesn't bring harm to animals, children, or the elderly. As long as you're staying safe I'm okay with it. Hey, thanks for sharing me with this Zoe. I know it's gotta be hard doing something like this. I love you kiddo."

Me: *Starts crying because he's literally the best father figure ever*

Coming out to my dad:
Recently I called him on national coming out Day and well I did so.

Me: "I probably should've waited to send you that text message and called you instead. Mom and I have been talking about this and said that I may just be this way because of what's happened to me but I feel this way now and I just wanted to tell you that because I've felt like that for a while now."

Him: "It's alright, sweetie. You know that I love you no matter what and whenever you need to come to me or mom about this you feel free to talk to us."

Now for my last coming out story about my mom. Not going to have what we said because I'm just going to describe it:

Basically she tried to tell me that because I didn't act gay as a child it was just because I had gone through a traumatic experience and she thinks that I started liking girls because of what happened and crap like that.
But I think now she's realized that I truly am this way and it's not because of stupid stuff from the past because I'm over it now. She even told me at dinner one night that she'd stand alongside me at a pride parade (tbh I don't want her to witness all the gay shit that goes on there)

But yeah there's my coming out stories. Thanks for reading.