Chapter 3

Daryl woke up startled. No reason, he never sleeps really. He Always, naps. he woke up from a deep deep sleep which made him feel good until he realized when he looked beside him Beth wasn't next to him, she was gone. He panicked. He got up and immediately called out her name in a panic. "Beth! Beth?" He shouted. he heard nothing. He ran out of the bedroom downstairs. "Beth?"He kept shouting. Suddenly he heard crying. But from where. It was coming from upstairs, He ran back upstairs.

"Beth?" He shouted. He was opening all the doors in the house and looking in every room,then he got to a back room. It is locked and guess who was inside? Beth. She was crying; hard. He could hear it.

"Beth, come out" Daryl said trying to stay calm. He put his head against the door. She was still sobbing. "No." She said In between her sobs . "Beth what are you doing. let me inside"

"No. No." She said crying. It was clear to him that this might be over her self harming problems she has had in the past. He hears her in pain, she is wincing inside the room. He realizes what's happening, she's trying to harm herself. he doesn't know how but she is. "Come out here. Or I'm gonna break the damn door down" he yelled at her in a panic.

"No Daryl leave me alone! Go away" she yells. Daryl bangs on the door "move outta the way." He yells

He kicks the door wide open. One of the hinges fell off. She's standing there with blood dripping from both of her forearms with deep cuts on both her wrists. She doesn't look at him she just looks away still shaking and crying. He steps closer to her. He is in Arms length. "Beth." He said quietly and slowly. She closes her eyes still looking away. Daryl tries to grab one of her hands and she Yanks her hand away angrily.

He's confused "let me see them" he says.

"No!" She yells still looking away. She has moved away from him even more. She's still sobbing. This time she gives him no choice,he steps toward her. They are inches apart. He's looking down at her and she's still crying with her arms at her side looking down at the ground.

"Daryl go away."She says in between sobs. She can't stop crying.

Daryl puts his harms around her engulfing her head in his chest. His arms warped around her fragile but strong body. She was still crying but she was calming down. She is shocked, Daryl really didn't know what to do. He didn't know why he even did this. Daryl just continued to hold her, Beth's crying was gone she was still breathing hard, her hands were s down by her sides despite that she was in Daryl's arms. she didn't hug back.

"You alright?" He asked still hugging her.

"You won't understand." She said softly as she pushed gently out of his arms, he let go and put a scowl on his face.

"You don't." She said finally looking up at him. "Yes I do." He replied angrily.

"Well that's not whatcha said earlier." She yelled at him, her forearms were still bleeding.

"We need to get you fixed up." He said ignoring her wanting to Fight.

He knew what he said, but he was drunk when he said that. He knows she didn't do it for attention.

She looked at him angrily. "Shut up!" She yelled. "Just shut up!" She started Crying again.

"Beth I was drunk...I-I know that wasn't fort attention. I know this isn't for attention." He said looking away from her. He didn't want to look I to her eyes, he felt bad for saying what he said that day.

There was a long silence.

"I-I don't like this." She said looking down at the ground" finally calming down.

"I know." He reached for her left arm. She let him grab it. "You did some damage." He said looking up at her and she looking up at him.

There faces within Inches. "I'm sorry." She said as a tear rolled down her face. He looked back at the cut. "Stop sayin that girl." He replied as he examined her arms.

"Let's go downstairs and get you fixed up." Daryl said as he let go of her arm and began to walk down the Stairs, she followed. She sat down at the table and he got a towel and wet it and sat down beside her. He was blotting the blood off of her. The cuts had stopped bleeding for the most part except for the deep gash she had given herself on her left arm and right arm. They were cuts right on her wrists.

"Let me see if they have somthin, don't u go nowhere." He got up and searched the pantry then went back upstairs back to the bathroom, he arrived and walked in. He stopped in his track and just thought for a minute.

"She finally broke down." He said under his breath. He looked around and opened the cabinet and there they were, cotton balls and bandages. He smiled and grabbed them.

Daryl walked back downstairs "it's our lucky day. They had stuff." He said happily, he was acutely smiling.

Daryl sat down next to her and wiped more blood off the deeper gashes and began to put the cotton on them. Beth was studying him, he concentrated on her arms and he was being very careful.

"I don't know what to say" she said softly still looking at him. "Ain't gotta say a thing. It's okay." He replied still looking at her wound. He reached for the bandage wrapping and began to wrap it around her wrist.

"There ya go." He said looking up at her. "That feel okay?" He asked as he grabbed her other hand to fix. Before he grabbed the cotton to put on her other hand, she looked over at him and grabbed his other hand in hers. He looked over at her, "thank you." She said looking into his eyes. He looked back into her eyes. "Welcome" he said.

She slowly let go of his hand and he finished patching up the other one. "How you feel?" He asked her, Beth looked at him with sorrowful eyes. "I'm okay." She said softly. "No you're not." He said as he scooted his chair closer to her. "Now why don't you tell me what happened yesterday" he said.

Beth looked at him and her eyes started watering. "I just, I saw that- walker and I thought of my dad...I just." She stopped talking "You scared me" He says. She frowns. "I'm sorry Daryl."

"What did I say about saying that" he said smiling at her. She smiled back at him

"There it is." He said. "What?" Beth questioned

"Theirs that smile" He replied still grinning.

"Well you're smiling too." She said starting to giggle

"I like yours better" he replied trying not to smile.

"Do you really?" She asked, her face turned red

"Yea. I-I do. now shut up blondie, and don't do that again." Daryl replied still smiling. He got up and handed her some nuts. "Eat these, you need them." He said in his soft husky voice. He grabbed his cross-bow and walked towards the door. "I gotta go hunt."

"Let me go with you!" She said as she stood up and ran up to him. "I'm not going far, I will be back before sundown. I promise." He said softy. Beth grabbed his hand. "Be careful..." she kissed him on the cheek. "I will be...don't run off. I'll be back." He walked out the door and she moved the couch back in front of it. She ran to the window and watched him walk until she couldn't see him anymore. She went and sat down on the couch that was against the door and ate some nuts. She began thinking about him. Thinking about him, his smell, his smile and even how much of an ass he is. "I hate goodbyes...I hope that wasn't goodbye." She said to herself as she continued to eat the nuts.

AHHHHHHH I barely had time to like think of more to say so this chapter was kinda short! Please Review it means the world to me! What do u guys think I'm gonna do next.