Chapter 2

eth felt her eyes starting to peak open, she wasn't sure where she was until she realized the smell of Daryl, it was a gritty smell. He smelt like guts as you can imagine, but also in a way he has his own aroma.

A sweet smell like honey but also sweat. Sounds weird but it actually was quite pleasing. After all they really can't shower, it's gross they know. But what are they going to do about it?

Beth opened her eyes, the bright sunshine peeking through the slightly boarded windows. she woke up with her head on his chest. One of her hands is behind his head and her other hand is on his chest, there legs intertwined. They have never slept together, as in the same bed. Not sex. She lifted her head up and looked at him. She started smiling. Strangely he was sound asleep, usually he's up and watching her sleep. Which she won't admit but she likes that. Anyways, she decided to go check around the house and peak out windows to make sure It was still safe. She walked down the stairs into the kitchen where it was the same everything was where they left it. She let out a sigh of relief. "Thank god." She said to herself. She suddenly realized how dumb she must have sounded last night. She was embarrassed by it, but then again at least she got it out of her system. It was bound to happen sometime and last night was a fairly good time to choose to get it out. She went back upstairs still armed she walked down the hallway and turned in the room, she bumped into Daryl and jumped from what it seemed 2 feet away. She armed herself with her knife then quickly noticed it was him and put her knife to her side. "Daryl." She said with a sigh. "Where did you go?" He asked her sternly. "Nowhere. I went to check and see if we were still safe" she replied.

"Let me do that next time. I don't want you getting hurt." He said angrily

"Why? I can do it. I- I'm not as weak as you think I am Daryl, you were asleep so I was checking and coming back to see if you were still asleep."

"Well let me handle it next time." He said almost yelling. He has so much pain build up inside of him, he just let's it out in ways that are hurtful to her and other people. She gave him a angry look but she knew if she were to retaliate, it would just make him angry. She shut her mouth and walked back downstairs. "Hold on." He said following her. "Where are you going?" He asked again confused, his anger had subsided. "Downstairs." She snarled. "Beth I'm sorry." He replied walking after her downstairs. "You're so moody you know that Daryl Dixon" She replied looking into his eyes.

"I'm sorry for last night." She said looking away "I won't get in your space anymore."

"Don't apologize" he replied "I don't mind..." He said quietly picking up his cross bow. "Now" he said turning to her "Let's teach you how to track and use this this thing , Now that your ankle is better. it is Isn't it?"

"Yea I think its fine." She said looking down at it and moving her foot. She winced a bit.

"Don't lie to me girl. If it's not healed we can stay here for a while" he said nicely

"Daryl I'm fine, it's still hurting a little, but it's okay I swear" she said she brushed his hand, he looked down at their hands for a moment. There was an awkward pause. "Come on" he said as they walked out of the house and started a trek into the woods to find some more squirrel or whatever else they could find to eat.

(I have no idea how to shoot a cross bow so don't knock me if these "directions" are wrong, I'm just writing these fake directions for the purpose of the story)

"Okay hold it at the base" he said as she had it aimed at a squirrel. "Don't let it get away but make sure it's lined up" he reminded her

"Daryl this is too hard." She said frustrated

"No it's not, just aim the best you can and shoot." He said quietly "don't scare off your prey." She shot and missed, the squirrel ran off

"Damn it!" Beth shouted. She threw the cross bow down, she stood there and balled her fists and put them at her sides. She closed her eyes then crossed her arms. Daryl was still behind her, he spun her around. "Hey don't worry, you're getting better, look how close that was; Inches." He said trying to lift her spirits. "What happened to all that confidence you had 2 days ago?" He asked smiling

"I don't know." She replied turning away from him again. There was a long pause, all you could hear was the birds and insects chirping and buzzing.

he groaned."Are you still upset from last night?" He sighed

"No I'm okay." She replied softly but in a sassy tone

"God damn it Beth! I'm not playing this game." He said with a raised voice.

"Can I not be upset?" She questioned finally turning to him

"You can but Beth I'm not going to sit here and play this merry go round of a game." He yelled

"This is bullshit!" She screamed. "This is such bullshit!" She started crying. Daryl just looked at her, she gets so upset.

"Beth." He said softly as he went over to her and hugged her. He lowed his mouth near her ear "Why you cryin." He asked in his raspy low voice. "I'm sorry for yellin" she just continued to cry harder and harder into his arms. Suddenly they heard a growling sound "Beth Beth, ssshhhhh" Daryl said softly. he was looking around. She let go of him and they stood back to back. Her eyes still filled with tears desperately trying to stay alert in an emotional state. Soon Beth spotted a walker walking near them "Daryl" she whispered. He turned slowly the way she was facing. He saw it too, with an arrow ready a walker came barreling twords them from behind. It grabbed Daryl and Beth screamed and manged to pull it off Daryl's back he turned around and knifed it in the head, it fell to the ground. The walker they saw was now right at Daryl when he turned around it was another knife in the head, Beth was on the ground officially loosing it. She was literally sobbing. "Beth, Beth we gotta go come on." he said softly, he was still being quiet because he wanted to stay safe. She wouldn't move,she was just on the ground looking at her hands sobbing and shaking. suddenly he became panicked and he rushed to her side. "Beth! Beth are you alright? Were you bit?" He asked with his hands shaking her to try to wake her up from this shock. "Daryl. Daryl" She kept saying in between sobs, she reached for him, her hands around his neck. Her hands had blood all over them and it felt sticky when her hands touched the back of his neck. He picked her up, his crossbow. He was carrying her back to the house they were staying at, looking out for walkers, He saw a few but then ditched them by hiding, She has passed out but she has no wounds which is a good thing but he needs to find out why this happened.

They arrived at the house and he stepped inside, it was still in the middle of the day, this is such a wasted day he thought but he has to see if he can find out whats wrong with her.

He locked the door and sat her down in the bed upstairs, her eyes were still closed but her heart was racing, This is similar to what happened when she became suicidal after Hershel ran off and she saw her walker mother. He looked at her for a while, even with flushed cheeks and sweaty matted hair she still looked gorgeous. Why did she pick a guy like him? She just made a mistake he said to himself. He got up from the bed and went to wet a cloth with a water bottle and went back into the bedroom and sat next to her and began to wipe off her bloody hands, soon he began to wipe off her face and her neck, he concentrated on cleaning her, wiping any dirt he saw off of her, including he small little crevices of her finger nails.

She's so young he thought, she deserves better than this. Poor thing. She stirred by moving her head. "Beth?" Daryl said softly. He got closer to her and He put his hand against her head, no fever. That's good. But she still wasn't Awake. He was still sitting next to her on he edge of the bed. "I can't leave you alone, damn it Greene why did you do this." He said to himself agitated. It had been all day, Daryl just waited and waited and waited. She was still cold, no fever still so he decided to just go to bed. Catch up on rest. It was dark now so he went back downstairs and triple checked the windows and doors and where ever else a walker or person could get in and it was safe. He went upstairs and laid down next to her. He is propped up against some pillows and he looked over at her and just looked at her for a while, he realized she was beautiful. To beautiful for this world, she wasn't made or it. He decided to move her on top of him. She now was laying on his chest. He put his arms around her and he fell asleep to her breathing.

Please Review and give me suggestions! :O