chapter two

"it was a first, because of you, I
Laughed, got mad, fought and
Felt pain. It was all a first for
Me. I didn't think I had a heart
I tried so hard not to let anyone
In....but you.... Were the first
Person I ever let into my heart"
**choi kang ju**

In the minister of bureau's house..

"why don't you want to join me" Lee joo min, the minister of bureau asks quietly sipping his hot tea.

"forgive me but I don't like the idea of a coup" Lee hwang min, the minister of health said sipping his tea too. He didn't want to join the minister and some other power thirsty officials to plan a coup. He was the kings right hand and couldn't afford to do so.

"what about your son? Lee jeong suk? " Lee joo min asks trying to get Lee hwang min angry.

Lee hwang min frowns and sips his tea before releasing his face in a tight smile.

"omo, it's a pleasure you remember my young scholar. I hope Lee kang soo is doing very well too" Lee hwang min says trying to innocently annoy Lee joo min.

"I believe you don't want to think of my offer. You could have more power and wealth, even more than the king" Lee joo min says again raising his head to see Lee hwang min who stood up already arranging his cap.

"I will not report to the king as I didn't hear anything, I was never here, I will meet you in the party the king has organised for all ministers and their sons " Lee hwang min bows slightly not going all the way down as they were of the same class. He just wanted to show some respect. He walks out not even turning to look at the house of the minister of bureau.

"is anyone out there " Lee joo min shouts watching one of his trusted guards, Ju won rushing inside. Ju won has been with Lee joo min since he was twelve years old and learned excellent swordsman ship and learnt to treat the older man as his father. He was a young and built young boy with long silky hair that covered one of his eye and a stone cold handsome face that held no emotion. He had only one friend and that was Lee jeong suk. They became friends before Ju won was brought to serve the minister of bureau. Jeong suk never believed that ju won did any dirty work for the minister of bureau so Ju won kept it that way, doing all his dirty work in secret and keeping his best friend.

One day, Ju won had asked:
"can't I just work for your family and call you daegam"

Jeong suk smiled brightly before answering "Ju won ah my best friend cannot work for my family. Live freely and keep being my friend "

Ju won decided to work for Lee joo min who was a corrupt official. Bringing people to his side and killing of people who refused. Ju won will kill them and throw them into the river for animals to feed on.

"shamans have been banished from the kingdom before right? " joo min asked Ju won who already knew that his master wanted to seek the help of black magic.

"ne naeri....but why do you need shamans" Ju won asks

"I think I may want to get back on someone" joo min said staring at the door.

Immediately, Ju won knew that it was the minister of health that he was talking about. He had to warn jeong suk.

"I need you to find lady hara and her ladies " joo min said with a tone of dismissal and ju won had to get to work.

*****
"abeoji.. Osowuseyo" jeong suk greets his father who smiles brightly at him while sitting down.

"how are you? Where is your mother? " he asks looking around.