Chapter Sixteen: Bedroom Hymns

Comenzar desde el principio

I looked up at him. "Nope." He would get nothing out of me. His other hand slid around my other side and he pulled me close. I felt enveloped by him, trapped between comfort and the fear fo the unknown I had jumped into with him.

"So cold you are, bonita." His voice was low and teasing as he pressed his forehead to mine. The tones of his voice danced over my skin and had my desire for him returning. Being encased in his arms and held so gently by such rough hands was wrecking havoc on me. Heat pooled low in my stomach and I felt almost faint. I wanted to press myself against his chest and brush my lips across his own. "You are not cold, bonita, are you?" The low rumble was nearly my undoing as I shook my head, inhaling his spicy scent deep into my lungs.

"Didn't think so." He kissed me then, it was harsh and dominating. His kiss pushed at my primal urges, at the things I had been denying myself. My fingers burrowed into the ends of his hair, pulling him closer. I wanted to breathe him in, bring his very essence into my body. I pressed myself against him. His muscles were solid and firm. I wanted to trace them with my fingertips, feel the raw power underneath my hands. The image of me clinging to them in a moment of unbridled passion passed through my mind.

Our bodies seemed to fit together like pieces in a puzzle. All of the curves and straight edges matching precisely. A deep growl rumbled from his chest at my actions, which only had my desire for him pooling between my legs. I was practically shaking with my need for him. His hands were sliding over the curves of my body, grasping and squeezing. It was clear that Miles wanted to feel me just as badly as I wanted to feel him.

He deepened our kiss, causing our teeth to bang together under our barely contained hunger for one another. I felt his canine scrape against my bottom lip and I moaned, before biting his lip hard enough to draw a little blood. My beast relished in the flavor of him. My nails lengthened into claws as she came closer to the surface. I was ready to shred Miles' clothes to get to the man underneath. I couldn't wait anymore. I needed him now, badly. My desire for him was almost painful.

I broke away from our kiss, breathing heavily. I met his heated look and I knew that he didn't want to wait any longer either. The heavy need that shown back at me had a thousand insecurities I'd never known springing to life in my mind. Suddenly, I wanted to put as much space between us as possible, "We don't have enough boxes for all these dishes."

He lifted a brow at my blurted statement. It was completely out of pace with what had just happened between us. I had practically dumped a bucket of ice water over the both of us. Miles took a moment to respond, "I think I left a couple of extras in the master bedroom."

"I'll go get them." I pulled away from him, my movements a little stiff. I felt his gaze on me as I hurried off to the bedroom, trying to calm down my racing heart.

I wanted to be more comfortable around him. I wasn't usually the bashful and shy type of girl, I could play it well but that wasn't me. Except with Miles I wasn't playing at anything. He was different; being with him was different. When I had been with the males that came into Mama's brothel there hadn't been any feelings involved. It had been business transactions, I gave them what they paid for.

I knew being with Miles would never be like that because he made me feel things that I never felt before. Everything we did together made me feel like it was the first time, which was exciting and terrifying. It wasn't like I was coming to him as an inexperienced female, he knew I'd been with other men. That's what made it terrifying. I didn't know if he had expectations for what it would be like to be with me. What if I failed to meet those expectations? What if he didn't enjoy being with me? It would hurt me, because for the first time, I wanted things to be perfect. I wanted our first moment to be as special as the he made me feel.