Chapter 1

"You're going to Squip the whole cast!" Jeremy Heere shouted as the supercomputer manifested itself in it's human appearance.

    "That's just for starters!" It grinned evilly at him.

    "That's not what I wanted!" Jeremy kept shouting, fearfully looking around at his former classmates who were now turning on him.

    "It's the only way to achieve what you want." The Squip taunted. He was reliving that night, the night of the school play when the computer in his brain revealed its true intentions and nearly destroyed everything. It was a night Jeremy kept trying to forget, but it wasn't so easy.

    "No! I can defeat you, I know how to defeat you! Michael! Where's Michael?" Despite everything that had happened between him and his best friend, he knew his Player 2 would always have his back. Right? Suddenly Michael appeared, holding their only savior: Mountain Dew Red. Just as he was handing it over, Jeremy heard the Squip behind him.

    "Up up down down left right A." Michael's body jolted erect like he had just been shocked. Jeremy's eyes widened.

    "I'm sorry man." Michael said to him as he dropped the bottle. It fell with a smash and wasted all on the ground. The Squip cast, Michael included began to advance. "Everything about us is going to be wonderful." They chanted in unison.

    "No... Michael not you too. This wasn't supposed to happen..." Jeremy began backing up until he bumped into something behind him.

    "You took the upgrade Jeremy, now it's time to live it." The Squip's voice said. Jeremy turned around to find himself staring at himself, except it wasn't him. It was the new him, the "Cooler" him. "Are you going to take it?" He said, except it was the Squip's voice.

    "No!"

* * * *

    "No!" Jeremy woke up in a cold sweat, sitting up quickly. He looked around confused realizing he was in his room in bed. He let out a shaky breath he wasn't aware he had been holding. It was just a dream. He had been having these dreams for a while now since the incident. They always went down differently but they were all equally terrifying in the end. He couldn't help but blame himself for everything still.

    A couple months ago Jeremy Heere was your average high school loser just trying to survive. That is until he got a Squip. It was some form of new top-secret-can't-even-look-it-up-on-the-internet-type supercomputer from Japan in the form of a small grey pill, that once ingested, it would travel into your brain and physically tell you what to do and make you cooler. It seemed like a strange idea, but at this point Jeremy was desperate. He wanted to fit in for once and not be the loser; but most of all he wanted to gain the affection of the the girl of his dreams, Christine Canigula.

    Jeremy heard about the Squip from one of the cool kids, and his former tormentor, Rich. He made it sound amazing, irresistible even. So being the idiot he was, Jeremy got one. His best friend Michael Mell tagged along. Michael had no desire to test it out for himself, so Jeremy took the risk alone. It had taken so long to activate, Jeremy and Michael thought the whole thing had been a bust, until later that night. One thing Rich forgot to mention about the Squip was that it hurt like hell when it kicked in.

    Jeremy's Squip took on a human appearance only visible to the user. Imagine an evil version of Keanu Reeves. Basically the Squip. Despite being quite rude and degrading, the Squip did it's job and transformed Jeremy from a nerd to a more confident, newer, cooler guy. It was amazing, suddenly he had everything he could have wanted, girls, being included in the popular crowd, going to the coolest parties, and Christine's attention. There were consequences though, one of them being having to leave Michael behind completely as he was considered a link to Jeremy's old life.