Uh Oh

Well, here we go again! Sorry I'm a couple days late, my vacation was a little longer than planned. Anyways, hope you all enjoy!

Chapter 24

Sam's Pov

"Wait, let me get this straight," Edgar started gruffly, "there is another bloodsucker in town," He looked to his brother and then at me, not even daring to look at Marko. "and he has his eyes set on you, Sam?"

"Yes." Marko said coldly.

"Okay then. We'll be on the lookout." Edgar nodded.

"You don't even know what he looks like, Edgar." I said, standing up straight. He smirked.

"You don't need to know what a vampire looks like to kill it. If anything is out of the ordinary we'll know what's up." He concluded, putting a hand on Alan's shoulder. At that time I had noticed how quiet Alan had been while we were in the shop. I was about to open my mouth to say something, but before I could, someone else took the opportunity.

"Great. Just my luck! Two vampires have already called dibs on Sam. How can I compete with that?" Alan said angrily. Did he really say that? I went stiff when I realized that he never opened his mouth. At the time I noticed that Marko stiffened too. Can we hear his thoughts?

"Are you guys listening to a thing I'm saying?" Edgar grumbled.

"Listen here, kid." Marko said, getting closer to Alan, "I don't need to call dibs on Sam. She is mine. You better get your mind out of the gutter before I do something I may regret-" Well… that confirmed my suspicions.

"Hey," I said, getting in between the two of them, "stop this!"

"Why Sam?" Alan snapped. "Look at everything that has happened because of him!" he said, pointing at Marko. "He's the one that took your life away from you, and now, because of him, you are being chased by another killer!"

"Alan-" Edgar started. I quickly looked away, trying to see if anyone was paying attention to us arguing. No one seemed to notice, and I scanned outside the shop as well. Everything looked fine…wait! In the middle of the crowd I saw a man, big and built with dark hair staring my way. His eyes were smoldering brown-but I could have sworn that there was red in them. He smirked when I noticed him standing there.

'Hello, Sam.' Oh no. Darcy. Frantically looking back, I hoped that Marko would have noticed, but instead he was glaring daggers at Alan and Edgar was yelling at the two of them. My eyes were wide and I looked back into the crowd, trying to find the man from my nightmare. He was gone, vanished from my sight. Darcy was here.

"We have to leave." I said abruptly, cancelling whatever the guys were saying.

"Why?" Marko asked quickly. The expression on my face must have said it all. Marko was suddenly cursing obscenities in his head, but the only one that came from his lips was a distinctive "Shit…" he turned to the Frog brothers. "Be on the lookout." He said.

"You've got to be kidding! He's here?" Edgar asked and gazed around. Instead of answering him, Marko turned, draped a protective arm around my shoulder, and quickly guided me out of the shop.

'I'm sorry.' I thought numbly. I didn't know what to do.

'Sorry? It's that toad that should be sorry! He distracted me. I would have seen Darcy if that kid would just get over his stupid feelings and worry about more important things-like me snapping his annoying little neck.' He growled. I barely heard the last part and frowned. Was he mad me? Alan? Himself?

'I'm sorry.' I repeated. Why did it seem like everything was my fault? He was quiet then. We made it to the bikes where the guys were sitting casually, but when we walked up they got quiet.