Electricity

Here you go guys, hope you enjoy.  More Marko/Sam in this one.  Oh, and I'm no longer going to ask for comments and votes, but if you like it let me know, or give me some feedback.

Chapter 6

How could this be true?  How could they be right?  This is crazy!  I had to be sure.  Slowly, I inched my way back to Mike.  I stretched out one of my arms and started waving it behind him.  I could see my whole arm, my whole arm!  Mike was transparent, a creature of the night.  They Frogs were right…  I slowly made my way back over to the stairs.

“Sam?” Mike asked, his voice quavering.

“Stay away; you’re a creature of the night, Michael.  Great!  My own brother, a god damn, shit sucking vampire!  Who can I tell, mom?  No way!  Is the only person I can trust now grandpa!?!” 

“Sammy wait.  Sam!”

I didn’t listen.  I stumbled my way up the stairs and ran into my room, locking the door and the one that goes into the bedroom.  Michael was pounding on the door, but I paid no attention.  I made my way over to the phone and brought out the comic.  Only two people I can go to in a time like this.  I dialed the number slowly, making sure not to mess up.  After a couple rings I thought no one was there, so I lowered the phone.  Just before I put it back on the hook, I heard a gruff ‘hello.’ Edgar.

“Hey there, it’s Sam…  I have a problem, guys.

“What’s the problem?”

“What do you think the problem is?  You told me to call if there were any…vampire problems…”

“What!  Already?  Well it’s a good thing you called us then.  What happened, Sam?”

“My brother!  He’s-“

“Here’s what you do.  Get a good, sharp stake and drive it right through his heart.”  What are they, crazy?

“I can’t do that!  He’s my brother!”  I was on the verge of tears.  I couldn’t do that to him, I loved Mike.

“Sam, calm down.”  It was Alan this time.  “We’ve got to be sure.  Okay, does the sunlight creep him out?  How about bad breath, long fingernails?  Have you seen his reflection?  We need to make sure.”

“Um… he wears sunglasses in the house.  His fingernails are a bit longer, and his breath is worse than normal.  Oh, and his reflection…it’s transparent!” 

“If we are correct, than your brother is only a half.  We can still save him.  All we have to do is figure out who the head vampire is.  But keep yourself safe till morning, then come down to the shop.  We open at noon.”

“Umm…okay guys.  See ya later…” I hung up the phone.  Suddenly I heard a crash from the other room.  Wait, was that a scream?  Another crash.  What the heck?  Michael was screaming.  Before I knew it he was floating outside of the window. 

“Mike!”  What to do, what to do…

“Sammy, open your window!”  No way, even if he’s not a full bloodsucker.

“No way, Michael!  You’ll end up killing me in my sleep!”

“Sammy…please.  PLEASE!”  Okay, I have to help him.  I unlatched the hinges and pulled the window open.  He crawled in and kept repeating ‘thank you’.

“We have to stick together Sammy.  We have to stick together.  We can’t tell mom.”  Why would I tell her something like this?

“What are we going to do Mike…” I whispered.