Our Secret Place

David's POV

I laid there on my back. On my bed, looking at the ceiling.

I felt... I don't really know how I felt. I knew I had to do something productive with my day, but I didn't knew what. Nothing seemed enough for me.

Read? Meh

Watch T.V.? No

Walking? No

Write? Nope

See Jimmy? He's busy.

Jonathan? He's busy.

Rob? Busy.

Jack? Busy.

Matt? He lives in L.A. Now.

Mom? She's with my sister and nephews in Nottingham.

Alesha? Busy

Stephen? Busy

Alfred? ... that's it!

I stood up and searched my cellphone to call Lara.

Lara: Hello?
D: Hey, it's me.
Lara: Oh David.
D: Listen, I know it's not the day, but can I pick up Alfred from school today?
Lara: Ammm
D: Please. I really really need to see him.
Lara: Fine. But bring him before dinner.
D: Alright then, I'll see you in the evening.
Lara: Yea.

We hanged then phone. It's funny to think that a couple of years ago I wouldn't end the call without saying that I loved her.

Anyways, I would spend the afternoon with my son.

I took a shower and got dressed as fast as I could. I went to the school just in time, before he came out.

When he saw me, he ran towards me, followed by his teacher.

Alf: Daddy!!
D: Hey kiddo!

I scooped him up in my arms and he hugged my neck. I could see a pair of mums looking at us.

MD: Good afternoon Mr. Williams.
D: Good afternoon Miss Daisy.
MD: I'm afraid I have bad news.
D: All right.

I put Alfred inside the car, so he wouldn't listen.

D: So what's the matter?
MD: Well, Alfred is really intelligent and a great kid, but he's been having problems with the other children.
D: Why?
MD: He got into a fight the other day. The other kid told him that he didn't had a family because his parents were divorced.
D: And you punished my son, and not the other kid, I asume.
MD: They are 4. The kid meant no harm to Alfred. How ever we talked with his parents and the next day he apologised with Alfred at lunch time. But Alfred punched him again.
D: Well, I'm sure the other kid deserved it.

She looked at me disapprovingly.

MD: No sr, he did not deserve it. He made a mistake and apologised with Alfred two times, and Alfred keeps punching him.
D: Does Lara knows about this?
MD: Yes, she does but I'm afraid that it's not working. The other kids are afraid of him now. 
D: What?
MD: He kicks them or punches them or even bites them. The other day he ruined a girls drawings just because he said they were ugly.
D: I see.
MD: Alfred is a bully, sr.
D: And you think he is a bad kid.
MD: I think he is suffering. He is a good kid, he wasn't like this before.

We both looked at Alfred who was waiting patiently on the back seat looking trough the window.

D: I'll talk to him. Thank you.
MD: Thank YOU, for listening.