An Old Friend

Maria's POV 

I sat on the ground weeping. How could he do this to me. 

"JAMES!" I screamed. The doctor rocked me back and forth. 

"It's okay Mrs. Reynolds," He said. 

"OKAY! I AM NOT OKAY! MY HUSBAND JUST DIED THE ONE THING I EVER LOVED! MY FAMILY WON'T TAKE ME BACK! I'M LOST! SEND ME TO THE POOR HOUSE!" I screamed. 

"Is there anyone you know we can contact you can stay with for a while?" The doctor asked. I thought for a moment, but then I remembered... 

"There is one person, but he probably doesn't remember me." 

"And what's his name?" The doctor asked. 

"Alexander Hamilton," I said. 

Hamilton's POV 

I sat in my office writing when Eliza walked in. 

"My love I'm kinda busy," I said still looking at my work. 

"There is someone here asking about someone named James Reynolds, does that name ring a bell?" Eliza asked. I looked up. 

"James Reynolds, as in my old bud from the army?" I asked. 

"Well if that's one who married someone named Maria then yes," Eliza said. I pushed her out of the way to see someone in a black coat. 

"Who are you?" I asked. 

"I'm Dr. Jack Smith, James Reynolds passed away this morning and his wife needs a place to stay until she can find a way to support herself and she was wondering if she could stay here," The doctor said. James Reynolds dead. No that can't be. 

"Of course Maria can stay with me, she is a very nice girl. Tell her she can be here tomorrow at 10 o'clock in the morning," I said. The doctor left. That night I had a more than interesting conversation with Eliza. 

"What do you mean another women is going to be sleeping in MY HOUSE!" Eliza said trying not to wake up the children. 

"Eliza, her husband just died and she's a nice girl she can sleep in that small old room downstairs and it will only be for a few weeks," I said. Eliza glared. 

"Okay, but no funny business while I'm off visiting my father with the kids upstate, " She said. I took Eliza's hands. 

"Eliza you are my pride and joy, I love you so much and I would never dare touch another women even if you had passed," Eliza smiled. 

"Until death do us part," She said kissing my cheek. 

"Until death do us part," I repeated as I tried to fall asleep. I really did try. Maria was just so.. gorgeous. It would be a distraction having her in the house, especially when Eliza was upstate, but I remembered a promise I had made with James. We both thought each others wife was hot so we vowed to never ever even if one of us was dead to hit on the other's wife. Well that promise might be out the window, but I had to stay loyal to Eliza. She was my everything, my angel. I loved Eliza more than anything, but Maria was so pretty and smart. I thought of this until I fell asleep and even was in my dreams. 

The next morning I impatiently paced near the front door, waiting for Maria. 

"She'll be here soon. Don't worry Pops," Philip said. There was a knock at the door. I flung it open. There stood Maria in all black holding two large bags. 

"A-Alexander," That all she could say before she ran into my arms. 

"Shhhh, It's okay Maria. He's in a better place know," She cried more. 

"I just want him back!" She screamed. 

"I know," I said, "Would you like some tea?" I asked. She nodded wiping tears from her eyes. 

"Yes thank you Alexander," She said. 

(A/N) I hope you guys enjoy this. I know it's a weird idea, but lets just see how it goes. If you have any ideas for me make sure to comment and thanks. 

----Elegant Panda Ninja 🐱‍👤