School Starts: Year 3

Mulai dari awal

The four of them traded discreet glances.

"It is not in the nature of a dementor to understand pleading or excuses. I therefore warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. I look to the prefects, and our new Head Boy and Girl, to make sure that no student runs afoul of the dementors..."

Percy straightened up in his seat, his chest puffed out and gaze traveling proudly across the hall.

"On a happier note, I am pleased to welcome two new teachers to our ranks this year. First, Professor Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher," Dumbledore continued.

Amisty clapped, smiling brightly up at the new teacher even though the rest of the hall was rather quiet and unenthusiastic.

"Look at Snape!" Ron hissed, pointing with his chin to the Potions master.

She looked up at the teacher's table, her stomach twisting at the look of absolute loathing on his face.

Yes, Snape had always wanted the Defense Against the Dark Arts job, but he had ever looked this mad about a new teacher before.

"As to our second new appointment. Well, I am sorry to tell you that Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher, retired at the end of last year in order to enjoy more time with his remaining limbs. However, I am delighted to say that his place will be filled by none other than Rubeus Hagrid, who has agreed to take on this teaching job in addition to his gamekeeping duties," Dumbledore started up again after Professor Lupin's applause quieted.

Applause exploded, mainly along the Gryffindor table.

Hagrid was scarlet, his gaze fixated on his hands and his wide grin barely peeking out through his beard.

"We should've known! Who else would have assigned us a biting book?" Ron shouted, banging his hands on the table.

The applause took a bit longer to die down than Professor Lupin's, with the four of them being the last to stop clapping.

"Well, I think that's everything of importance. Let the feast begin!" He raised his hands, smiling, and the plates filled up with food.

Amisty grinned brilliantly, piling up her plate with food and eating almost immediately.

"So, how did it go with Draco?" Hermione asked softly, sending a glance over to the two boys who were scarfing down everything within reach.

"It was... interesting... nothing like what I had expected," She replied, not knowing how to put what she wanted to say into words.

"That can't be all," Hermione pressured, taking a sip of her pumpkin juice to wash down the potato she had been eating.

"Not now, Hermione. I'll tell you in the dormitory," Amisty shoved her friend lightly, her cheeks tinted red.

"You better, you're blushing!" Hermione teased, nudging her with her elbow.

It stopped, however, when Harry and Ron turned toward them.

They were bright-eyed and grinning, oblivious to Amisty's face slowly turning back to normal color. Once dinner ended they raced toward the teachers table to speak with Hagrid.

"Congratulations, Hagrid!" Hermione cheered, her smile lighting up the entire room.

"All down ter you four. Can' believe it... great man, Dumbledore... came straight down to me hut after Professor Kettleburn said he'd had enough... It's what I always wanted..." He replied, covering his face with his napkin.