"Aren't you only 16? How many tequila shots did you down?"

Anubis cracked his knuckles and his neck, taking his sweet time to answer my question. "You sound like my housekeeper."

I blanched, confusion written all over my face.

He smirked, "And I'm 17, or did you forget that this is my birthday party."

My hands itched to twirl a lock of blonde hair, but I suppressed the urge and instead shoved the gift into his chest.

"For me?" He spluttered, surprise etched all over his expression.

"Yeah," I frowned, stepping closer so he could hear me. "Don't you want to open it?"

Anubis Mohandas sobered up immediately, a grim smile on his lips. "What's the matter?" I found myself blurting out, the curiosity bubbling uncontrollably.

"Would you believe me if I said I've never gotten a present?"

Anubis laughed at my barely contained composure, the smile I had plastered on my face loosing shape.

"What about your friends?" I inquired, catching sight of the football team chugging vodka straight from the bottle.

Anubis scoffed as he gestured for another shot. "Fake friends. And even if they were genuine, bros don't give each other gifts."

I pulled a stool out, finding my feet hurting a bit from my custom made heels. "What about your fan base?" I hummed thoughtfully, turning the conversation into a questionnaire.

Anubis' unfocused eyes fell on my fingers tapping on the bar table, "Do texts that describe how a random girl is going to lick your abs count?"

I grimaced, shaking my head at how creepy and desperate that sounded. Turning my head to avoid his penetrating gaze, my eyes found the bartender's and I mimed my favorite drink.

The bartender nodded and got right to work as Anubis whined, "Stop giving him those smexy eyes."

"What the hell does smexy mean?"

Anubis shrugged and grinned, seemingly unbothered with the topic of his non existent presents and happy he had regained my attention.

"I thought you wouldn't show up, you know," He confessed after a few moments of silence, "I thought you'd stand me up 'cause you're too good for me."

A lump formed in my throat, his little words having hit my heart right where it was weakest. But before I could answer, a firm hand had clamped down on my shoulder, scaring me into a squeak and a jump. Anubis' gaze soured like he had eaten a lime, and he squared his shoulders.

"Anubis, Victoria," His gravely voice greeted.

"Mr. Mohandas!" I shouted, internally cringing at how high pitched my voice became.

"Yes, me." He grinned crookedly, capturing a million beating hearts and sighs in that moment.

"I- uh, a lovely party isn't it, lovely party," I miserably mumbled, furrowing my eyebrows at how unintelligible my conversation starter was.

"Bourbon please." Mr. Mohandas situated himself into the seat next to mine. Anubis' gaze only narrowed further when he noticed Mr. Mohandas' choice to sit beside me.

"What, your flat got too lonely?" Anubis spit, resting his droopy eyes on my fingers subconsciously combing through the ends of my blonde hair.

"Absolutely," Mr. Mohandas answered easily. "Victoria I have a meeting this Monday, but right after we need to discuss the TPP. Actually," He hummed, taking off his suit and rolling up his sleeves,"while we're at it let's grade the other pretest I gave to your grade."

I could only numbly nod as my eyes zeroed in on his biceps and his white shirt sleeves.

That is literally the sexiest thing a man could do. 

"Great," Mr. Mohandas grinned, leaving the rest of his unfinished bourbon, "I'll see you around Vic."

He quickly dusted off the invisible lint on his expensive pants, and threw his suit over his shoulder so they rested on him without him actually needing to slide his hands through. 

The sea of drunk students actually parted. I almost chuckled, had it not been for Anubis' incredibly pissed expression and a pressing little situation I needed to take care of concerning a very drunk Analise.

Yes, from what I could tell being about 15 feet away, Tric Suansune seemed to have given up as he sat on the floor, beer in hand and hair tousled. Analise was chugging some alcohol, I really couldn't tell with the lights that low, and dancing widely on a table to the bass, eyes alight with adrenaline. I shot Tric a look to which he shrugged, clearly tired from keeping Analise on a leash.

"What the hell, Tric?" I yelled over the music, grabbing the sleeve of his leather jacket and hoisting his heavy body up. 

"Fuck it, let that beast be. She clawed my eyes out when I told her to minimize the drinking."

Even with the horrible lighting I could make out a relatively deep gash on Tric Suansune's smooth and tan skin near his left eye. He winced as I instinctively touched it. "I should've told you about her violent tendencies when drunk."

"What are you talking about?" He scoffed loudly. "The woman is already ready to kill everyone in a five mile radius sober."

I grinned weakly, jerking my head back as I heard Analise screaming. "WHO WANTS TO SEE MY TITS?" She was already tugging at the hemline of her crop top. 

Tric and I both shared a horrified glance before racing towards her, dodging people and furniture.

"ANALISE, I SWEAR TO GOD!" Tric bellowed just as loudly when she had managed to throw her shirt off. My best friend just stuck her middle finger in response.

Classic Analise.