Harry sick- for BronwenSchofield

Start from the beginning

"Oh," Harry mumbled. A sweat broke out across his back and he kicked the duvet down to his ankles with a groan.

"We'll check your fever again when I get back, just hold tight for a couple of minutes. I'll be as fast as I can," Liam said, hanging out the door. Harry nodded and closed his eyes, letting his head drop back down the soft mattress.

To Harry, it felt like Liam was gone forever. He kicked and squirmed as the heat crawled over his limbs and drowned the roots of his hair. He even drunk some more water to try and get it go away but that didn't do much but nauseate him again.

Liam had taken the bowl somewhere, leaving Harry no choice but to drag himself into the bathroom. The floor swung and swayed beneath his feet and he considered making his way on his hands and knees. His stomach rolled. No, that would take longer, and he didn't know how much time he had.

His mouth involuntarily fell open as he dropped onto his knees in front of the toilet just as a harsh dry heave rattled through him. It happened a couple more times as Harry grew even more queasy but nothing came up and soon he was just sitting there on his butt next to the toilet and begrudgingly waiting for the next retch.

The door clicked open and Harry knew that Liam would be looking for him but he didn't have the strength to call out.

"Harry?"

Harry picked his head up and opened his mouth but nothing but a cough came out.

Niall appeared in the doorway, one shoe in the room. Upon spotting Harry he switched the tap on and dampened a washcloth, "he's in here guys!"

Harry moaned in relief as Niall gently pressed the cloth to the back of his neck and cold water ran down his spine. He coughed and wriggling back to cuddle into his friend, needing the contact after being alone for what felt like hours but Harry knew it was probably only ten minutes.

"Were you sick again H?" Liam joined them in the bathroom. He peered into the toilet as Harry shook his head.
"Not yet," Harry rasped in reply. He swallowed and rocked forward is discomfort. Another heave was definitely creeping up on him, he could feel it building in his chest.

Niall rubbed his back as he gingerly got back into position over the toilet in case it was this time something decided to come up.

Harry retched and sure enough up came the water in one pathetic stream of sick.
"That's- whoa, how many times has he thrown up Liam?" Louis filled up a cup of water and handed it to Harry as he fell away from the toilet.

"Too many times to count," Liam replied. Harry stared at up at him drearily from his spot on the floor and knew there was something he didn't want to say.
Liam caught him watching and sighed, rubbing the back of his neck, "so you're good to stay here and rest for the day Haz."
"We're?" Harry croaked, hoping that Liam had said it wrong.

Niall sighed from behind him and rubbed his back, "the rest of us still have to do the shoot."

"What?" Harry squeaked. He didn't want to be left on his own for a second more than he already had.

He gagged again and scrambled over the toilet.
He listened to the other speak all around him as he struggled to settle his stomach. He was sure it was only thought of being left alone that was making him feel sick again.

"Somebody's got to stay here with him," Louis said, pacing about the small space.

"We can't," Niall replied, "you heard what they said, everyone who's healthy has to be at the shoot."