richie tozier x reader {feelings}

"Oh my god, you're in love with her."

Richie tensed up, shooting Stan a look from across the room. "No shithead. It was one kiss, one time. I'm just-"

"In love with her," Eddie said incredulously, shrugging his shoulders and reaching for the bowl of popcorn sitting on the stool between the six of them.

It's never a good idea to tell your friends about who you fancy, especially when that person happens to be Stan Uris's sister-and you happen to be in their house.

Richie rolled his eyes, adjusting his glasses. "Can you shut up? She could hear you, you know." "So?" Bill chimed in, smiling a little. "Maybe she likes you t-too, Rich."

Richie flung a piece of popcorn in Bill's direction. "Yeah, whatever." He smiled a little. He hadn't really considered that. "Look, it's just a crush. I'm not in love. I don't fall in love, okay?"

Richie's friends looked skeptical. Just as Mike began to open his mouth, they heard a banging on the door of Stan's room. "Stanley fucking Uris did you take my-" Y/n froze as her eyes fell on Richie. The tension between them was absolutely undeniable. "Uh, hey guys." She said quietly, fixing her gaze on the ground.

"Hey." Richie said, somewhat awkwardly. Eddie and Stan exchanged glances. It was unlike Richie to avoid making a nasty or sexual comment when talking to a girl, but Y/n was different. He didn't want to scare her off. The spur-of-the-moment kiss between them hurt his chances enough.

"Well, whenever you uh-whenever you can...just," Y/n chewed on her bottom lip and closed her brother's door hastily as she left.

Without thinking about what he was doing, Richie stood up.

"Rich, what the fuck was th-" but before Stan could finish his sentence, Richie had closed the door behind him. He inhaled sharply. Y/n turned around, looking at him with a forced neutral expression

"Hey."

"Hey," Y/n replied, frowning slightly. "You need to stop doing that." Richie tilted his head. "What?"

"That! Saying things that make me want to kiss you." She looked frustrated, and Richie thought it wise to keep his mouth shut. "You ruined my life, Tozier."

Richie raised an eyebrow, taking a step towards her. "What? You're kidding, right?" She flung her arms up in annoyance, dropping them instantly. "Feelings, Richie! They suck. And...and it doesn't help that every time I look at you I want to-I don't even know."

"All I did was kiss yo-" But before he could finish his sentence, her lips were on his and Eddie was cheering from the other side of the door.

There was no question about it now; Richie had fallen in love. And there was no way out.

{a/n: thank you guys so much for 800+ reads in less than a week holy shit}