Eli Wesley - T H R E E

Start from the beginning

 "Hey, so you're taking Lana out?"

 Snapping out of my thoughts, I took a brief look at him and noticed the resemblance between the two. Of course, Lana — being a girl — was definitely prettier, but the two had the same hair and eye color.

  I nodded. "Yeah. You don't mind, right?"

  A smirk appeared on Landon's face until he retorted jokingly, "If I did, then you wouldn't be here."

 It took everything I had to hold it in and just laugh along at his sly joke.

 Looking around their home awkwardly, I noticed how small it was compared to mine yet it had similar things — those family portraits taken in the past, stuff to show off your kids' achievements and all those things that make it your home. As I was examining the Clarke household, there was one important someone missing.

 Where was Lana?

 Landon had turned on the T.V. and that's when I asked where his sister was. Thinking that she was getting ready upstairs, Landon knew otherwise and was looking at the clock. He expressed an apologetic look.

 "She's... probably at the party still, but I'm sure she'll be home soon. Sorry, my sister's been pretty busy."

 Completely understanding, at least I wasn't the one late. I nodded with no offense.

 "I've noticed ever since high school, she's always been the person to commit herself to school and work."

 There was a sad grin that appeared on Landon's face. "What can I say? Lana is one of the very few girls to know what she really wants."

 "Landon, is Lana home?"

 Following Landon's gaze, my eyes reached the stairs and found a middle aged man making his way down. He looked just about my dad's age. Slightly younger, maybe. This was probably Mr. Clarke. Where was Mrs. Clarke? She was in the family pictures — I assume she was at work or something.

 When the man caught sight of me, he paused before questioning, "Is this one of your friends, son?"

 Landon shook his head in reply and reminded him that I was Eli Wesley — the boy taking his daughter out tonight. A friendly yet cautious grin rose upon Mr. Clarke's lips. He soon offered his hand out to me.

 "Nice to meet you, call me Mr. Clarke."

 Giving him a solid handshake, I mentioned, "The pleasure is all mine, Mr. Clarke. I'd like to introduce myself formally. I'm Elliot Wesley, but you can call me Eli."

 Mr. Clarke let out an impressed laugh, slapping my back right after. He seemed like a really friendly guy and I noticed those ocean blue eyes came from him. Mr. Clarke then looked around the room.

 "I didn't know Lana was home already... Is she getting ready?"

 Landon quickly headed over to his dad which made me question why. It looked like he was assisting his father down the stairs. Mr. Clarke looked pretty strong to me though.

 Landon answered after an embarrassed chuckle, "No Dad, she's not home yet... probably soon though."

 Knowing that Lana was now late, Mr. Clarke quickly offered me a drink or something to eat, but I politely declined his generosity.