My fingertips brushed against the cold wood, the texture giving me a weird sensation. I held my breath as I pulled the top layer of wood up.

"Omg!" I screamed as I stumbled backwards. Jordan was laying neatly in the box, still asleep. He looked dead but his chest rising and falling, indicated he wasn't.

I ran towards the box once again and tried shaking him awake.

"Wake up, wake up wake up!" I whisper shouted as I shook Jordan by his shoulders. I wanted to start crying at my failed attempts.

I stood over him in silence, feeling defeated. I took his hand from off his chest and placed it in mine.

"I'm so sorry" I said as tears brimmed my eyes.

I placed his hand on my chest as tears silently fell from my face.

I felt my chest begin to grow warm. The sensation was familiar. I looked down and realized it had began to glow once again. I looked up and around in panic as I realized my chest must have been glowing because Penny was near.

After a couple minutes of silence, I realized Penny wasn't here. I looked back down at Jordan and almost screamed as he looked back at me.

He looked weak and groggy.

"What happened?" He asked in a tired and shaky voice.

"There's no time! We need to go" I said trying to pull him up by his arm. He stumbled out of the wooden box and had a difficult time regaining his balance once his feet touched the floor.

"We need to go now Jordan please!" I said dragging him by his arm. He had trouble catching up to me as his feet tripped over themselves. It's as if he had forgotten how to walk.

He seemed dazed and confused but I had no time to comfort him. I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach, and I knew Penny would be here any moment. If my chest glowed, so did his and vice versa. He would be here any second, once he didn't find my in my apartment where he had left me last. He would come searching for me, wondering why my chest began to glow without him there.

I pulled Jordan behind me, trying to get out of there as fast as we could. We stumbled into the dark tunnel, flashlight in hand. The sound of dripping water gave an all too eerie atmosphere.

I turned to look at Jordan, who seemed to be more awake now. He held my hand tightly, not trying to separate from each other. We continued to walk further into the pitch black.

"I know you have so many questions and I can't answer them but please, we need to hurry" I said not looking back at him. We needed to move faster, if we wanted to live.

We heard water splash, as if someone was walking towards us, on the opposite end of the tunnel. We stopped dead in our tracks, hearts stammering against our chest. I felt Jordan pull me back slightly, standing in front of me, as protection. He stood tall and stiff with his back facing me. His grip on my hand tightened. I appreciated his attempt to protect me, but even I knew he was no match against Penny.

We heard a deep growl emerge from within the darkness. I knew exactly who it had came from.

"Just run!" I said as I ran past Jordan into the opposite direction. I heard Jordans footsteps behind me. The growls got louder and I heard slamming against the tunnel walls, as if Penny was running and crawling on them.

We didn't look back, just continued to run until our lungs felt on fire. I almost cried in relief as I saw the tunnel opening. I grabbed Jordan's hand as we both made it out alive.

We continued to run through the town, not stopping to breathe. I had to get Jordan out of here.

We found ourselves in front of the train station.

"Go! You need to go!" I said as I pushed Jordan onto the train. The train station was empty, it seemed like we were the only souls there.

"Go back to New York, you're not safe here. Don't ever come back" I said stammering against my words. Jordan held tightly onto my arms as I continued to push him onto the train.

"Lola" he said softly. He looked hurt and sad.

"I'm so sorry" I said as I looked at him with pity.

"But you need to go.. please" I said as my voice cracked. I wanted to cry. I was so scared and I knew Penny was not happy.

Jordan cupped my face in his hands before slamming his lips onto mine, kissing me passionately. It was a farewell kiss. My eyes were wide when we pulled apart.

"Come with me" he said as he tightly onto my face.

"Lets run away together" he said.

"Lets be safe together" he whispered.

"I can't" I said as I shook my head softly.

"You won't ever be safe if you're with me" I whispered trying not to cry.

The train blew its whistle, indicating it was ready to leave.

"Go!" I said as I pushed him onto the train. The door closed in front of him, separating the both of us. I looked at him with teary eyes as he placed his hand onto the door window. He looked behind me and I saw his face go pale. His face looked terrified as he continued to look at whoever was behind me. He began to slam against the door, trying to open it.

"No! NO!" He screamed as he slammed his body against the door, trying to break free. Tears fell from my face as I saw him struggling to get to me.

"Lola" I saw his mouth say as the train began to move. He looked at me, tears in his eyes, fear on his face. I saw him get farther and farther until I could no longer see him.

I heard a deep and evil growl come from behind me. I swallowed hard as tears continued to slip from my eyes. My body tensed in fear as the voice spoke.

"Penny" I said quietly

"Why" he growled.