Matryoshka dolls

Momo Yaoyorozu was acting rather disconnected as of late. She would purposefully avoid contact with most classmates, making up something or the other to exit any social situation.
Recently she had discovered something that had shaken her composure to the core. She found out that she held something more than respect in her heart for Shoto Todoroki. It had started to take proper shape after the practical examinations. She started to devote a portion of her attention towards the dual toned hair that Shoto had, towards his eyes, towards the way his hands would shiver a little during class, so he put them in his pockets. She noticed that he was unsure of how he felt, would rarely make eye contact, and despite his solemn appearance and mannerisms, he would fidget and mumble during conversations. She could see that he only really felt comfortable on the battle field where he would crack a smile at some lame joke Kirishima had said after hero class practicals.
They had always maintained a business-like relationship, both being accepted on recommendations but Momo sometimes craved more.
That was why, during their trip to the USJ last week, she had brushed her hair and teeth thoroughly, and sat down next to Shoto in the bus. Silently willing herself, her hand shakily shifted towards Shoto's. When their pinky fingers touched, Shoto turned his head, his intense gaze meeting her own nervous one. Momo turned away and pulled her hand back.
She tried to think about something other than what just happened. For some reason all she could think about were matryoshka dolls. She felt something plop down into her lap.
It was a matryoshka doll, adorned with fire and ice murals, with the same face Shoto had. She almost giggled at how ironic her situation was. She tried not to think of the person and an object related to that person was the first thing that came to mind. She had to hide the evidence though.
Picking the doll up, she discreetly rolled it under the bus seat.
Nowadays, whenever she met Shoto in the corridors, or had to team up with him, all she could think about were matryoshka dolls. She would sweat matryoshka dolls, each with the same pattern. Her friends looked at her confusedly, so she tried to find a solution before her secret was revealed. She needed some help.
One day, she spotted Mina spying on Kyouka and Denki.
"Um. Mina. What are you doing?"She asked.
"Oh! This? I'm just doing my job as class 1-A's official matchmaker." She replied, with her usual carefree tone.
That's it!
Momo asked for some advice and Mina listened to her accounts thoroughly. Throughout the conversation, Ashido was smiling knowingly.
Matryoshka dolls, huh?
Cute.
~~~~~~~~
Authors note: this chapter is for @todoroki_coldf_flame who reminded me that I had other obligations to my readers 😋
If you feel there is a lack of your favorite ship don't hesitate to tell me!