Chiwakali Forest Expedition

• Dedicated to Chamzad

She had strayed from the path that we had to follow. Darkness was fast approaching and the lights from our torches were beginning to fade. Her brother, Aedan, and her sister, Ariana, were worried sick. We were, after all, passing through the legendary forest of death, Chiwakali. It was said that anytime someone dared to go in, they never came out. There were rumors that ghosts, werewolves, vampires and other dark creatures dwelt there.

Our car had shut down and there wasn't a person in sight. The only way to get to a town quickly was to pass through the dreaded place. And now, Alana was was lost. We couldn't afford to let her die. We had to find her, no matter what the cost was. She was, after all, the most mature and level-headed of our little group.

A cold wind came our way and our torches were blown out. We all shivered and felt around for each other. When everyone was holding hands, so that we would not be separated, we heard a frightfully bloodcurdling scream that sounded like Alana's.

More screams followed and we slowly crept towards the sounds, not knowing that we were heading straight for our doom. We found her in a clearing surrounded by tall withering trees. The full moon was shining down on her as we neared her. She shook her head frantically at us but we ignored her warning and came closer.

That was a mistake. A massively fatal mistake. We were now face to face with our worst nightmares. Death and his friends were going to devour us. Werewolves, vampires, hags, ghouls, ghosts, witches and much more unnamed evil creatures were preparing for their feast, where the main course was us.