Beyond Redemption

• Dedicated to The Ninja Of Today!

Kisuke was fed up of all the emotions flitting through his heart. Taking a deep breath, he slid the razor blade along his skin, only putting enough pressure to break it. There was a tendril of relief as the blood flowed out.

'Why me? I can't believe that he's making me me think it's my fault. No, I won't accept it. But... Ugh! Just one piece of paper and my life was changed forever. How cliché it sound... but it's the truth. '

He cut a traditional warrior pattern on his unmarred body, carefully avoiding his veins. He was not aiming for fatality in spite of everything. All he was hoping to achieve was a numb replacement for his heart and his initiation into the world of the samurai. At least it eased him of the burning feeling in his chest that confirmed that what he had read was indeed the truth.

That cursed bit of information was blown straight into his face by the wind in the form of a note. It was sent from his cousin, Izuki Yashamaru, who had murdered his entire family, except him. The reason being, as stated on the paper, that only him, the heir of the Yashamaru clan, renounced for his ninja skills, was a worthy opponent to him.

He didn't know that the only reason Kisuke fought was to protect the ones he loved, even though he secretly loved to fight. Kisuke knew was that Izuki loved to see people suffer and that all he wanted to achieve by murdering their clan was to goad Kisuke into fighting him. It was, after all, what he always longed for.

'Well, seems like he's going to finally get what he always wanted.' thought Kisuke as a bloodthirsty grin formed on his lips.

He wrote a small note which he released to the wind. He knew that it would reach its intended target in due time.

"I have decided. I will avenge their deaths, Izuki. Your life is about to take a terrible turn. You were warned of this before. I will not spare you."