Chapter 2

I cannot believe he is here! I walked two slow steps forward never stopping the eye contact between me and the grey eyes I once loved. The anger I felt two years ago comes back to me as if it had never left. This horrible human six feet away from me is my ex boyfriend, Dylan Powell.

He was my first boyfriend ever. With him I experienced my first kiss, first date, and first breakup.

Two years ago, we had a date to the movies. Like the typical love struck girl, I spent the whole day looking at different outfits in my closet hoping one would be cute enough for him to like, and fantasized the perfect night. Just Dylan and I, together, picturing him holding my hand, the moment he'd kiss me. I pictured it perfect. An hour before the movie, he called me apologizing how he had to cancel because his grandmother from Florida had surprised him with a visit. That's no big deal of course, so we decided to reschedule. What he didn't know is that I decided to still go see the movie with my friend, Chelsea. My mom dropped us off and we walked inside the theater and got our tickets. We walked to Movie Room 5 giggling about her almost tripping and dropping her popcorn. Everytime Chelsea and I go see a movie together we like to get seats on the 8th row. I don't know when that little tradition of ours started. Well, this time was gonna be no different. We walked up the aisle steps and stopped when we saw what we both knew was gonna have my teenage romance come crashing down in an instant. Dylan was making out with some other girl. I cautiously walked toward them, and stopped to pour my Pepsi over his head before storming out of the theater heartbroken. Cliché, I know, but it was all my eight grade mind thought of. Chelsea and Dylan both ran after me calling my name. I turned around to see Dylan behind me and I yelled at him "I never wanna see your cheating face again!", not being able to hold back the tears. What made matters worse is that he didn't even say anything. He just stood there looking at me. There was no "I promise I love you more than anything" or "I'm so sorry, I'll make it up to you just give me another chance.". Nothing. I had never felt like such a fool.

Chelsea crossed linked her arm with mine and said "C'mon, let's walk to your house." Once I got home I sobbed till I felt no more tears could be cried.

Bottom line is: I'm standing six feet from the boy who broke my heart and made me feel as my life were over. I looked down making my way towards an empty seat at the back of the classroom avoiding to make eye contact with him.

I put my phone on silent quickly before Mr. Lopez walked to the front of the classroom when the bell rang.

"Goodmorning Class. I am Mr. Lopez. I expect nothing, but the best out of every single one of you this year. Good conduct and compliance is mandatory in excelling in my class. I don't like to waste time, therefore

your first grade project grade will be put in the grade book in two weeks. Don't worry, you will not be doing it by yourself, you will have a partner whom I will assign to you. You and your partner will be working together

after school writing a song. It can be about anything as long as it is appropriate."

A project already? Woohoo. This guy really doesn't waste time.

He grabbed his attendance list from his desk and starting pairing us up.

"Linda, you will be working with Daniel. Sheila you'll be with Thomas.

Bella, you'll be with Jean Luis. Will, your partner is Jessica. Joshua, you're with Alexa. Serena, you will be writing your song with Dylan.."

You have got to be kidding me! I get here and I'm already forced to interact with him! Just my luck. This is going to be awful!!

The next 60 minutes were spent writing an essay about what song we are able to relate to and why. When the bell rang for us to switch classes, I walked quickly to the front of the classroom and dropped my paper on Mr. Lopez's desk before exiting, not giving a chance for Dylan to approach me about the project.

Luckily I didn't have him the next class and went about happily as I learned about the Midpoint distance formula. Geometry isn't so hard surprisingly. I had Rachel to talk to in that class, and she introduced me to her friend, Gabriel. I believe those two have more than a friendship going on, but I didn't say anything. I'll ask her about it later.

The rest of the day went by fast,

and I didn't have to see Dylan's face in any other of my classes. He got signed out of school during lunch. I kinda wanna know why. Ugh. I know I shouldn't care. I don't. I won't. I can't. Screw Dylan. I'm not gonna let him invade my thoughts. I already have to see his face more than I want to out of school to write a stupid song. I seriously wanna slap Mr. Lopez for this.

~~~~~

Hello my fellow readers! I'm sorry I hadn't updated! I'm gonna try to have update weekly from now on! I hope you guys like the story so far. It's gonna get more interesting once her twin Hailey gets introduced to the story. Please remember to vote for it! :)

** Shoutout to >> @Rosys24 **