Chapter 1

7:30 am. I saw on my alarm clock after it started making repeated beeps. Time for school. I'm kinda excited to start school doing what I love. I can't describe the feeling I felt when I got my acceptance letter to San Diego School of the Arts. It's still very scary to go a school of talented teenagers who've already formed their little cliques with each other. I'm sure I'll fit in eventually though.

I pushed my purple comforter to the side and got up to use the bathroom and brush my teeth. Once I was done I scanned my closet for a cute outfit that didn't scream out 'Hey I'm new and desperate for friends!' I decided to go with a simple grey and white long sleeve shirt, black skinny jeans, and red converse. Can't go wrong with that. I brushed my hair quickly before grabbing my purple Jansport and heading to the kitchen for some breakfast.

Like always, my mom was up before me and was preparing breakfast for the both of us before she left for work.

"Goodmorning Hon. Ready for school?", she asked looking up from pouring us both a cup of orange juice.

"Yeah I guess so.", I replied with my mouth full of scrambled eggs. "Just worried about making friends that's all."

"You'll be fine. Just be yourself and you'll make friends. Don't stress too much about that.", she said trying to sound encouraging.

"I know. I'll be okay. I gotta go I for wanna miss the bus on my first day.", I said while swinging my book bag over my shoulder.

"Goodluck Serena! Call me if anything", she shouted as I walked out the door.

It only took me two minutes to walk to my bus stop. I got there just in time to see the yellow bus park in front of us. I share the same bus stop with a redhead girl who wears glasses, and a tanned skinned boy who's really tall and seems focused on how his hair looks. The bus doors opened and I was cautious not to trip on the small steps.

"Morning kids. Take a seat.", said the bus driver. He looked around 40 something with black hair with grey steaks growing on the sides. "My name's Joe."

I looked around the bus quickly scanning possible places to sit. I walked towards the back and sat next to a girl. She's thin, has shoulder length black hair, with a blue dyed streak.

"Hey, I'm Serena."

"Hi! First day huh? I'm Rachel."

"Nice to meet you Rachel. I'm a little nervous of being new.", I told her.

"Don't be. Don't mess with the wrong people and you'll be okay."

"I won't.", I replied.

"Good. Then you won't have any problem. So why'd you switch schools?", Rachel asked.

"It was closer to my mom's job and I really didn't like my old school. My cousin told me about it, and next I know I'm sending an application in.", I answered.

"Oh. You'll like it. It's very focused on Performing arts."

We kept talking for five more minutes or so until the bus pulled up near the entrance of the school.

"Guess we're here.", I said.

We got off the bus and went inside the double doors with the letters "San Diego School of the Arts printed on top in large black letters.

"I have to go Ms. Potts's room. She's my homeroom teacher. Look for Room 265 and you'll be in Mr. Lopez's room. Goodluck!", Rachel said before walking the opposite direction.

"Bye! Hopefully I see you later.", I said back. I was looking around searching for room 265 when I felt my phone vibrate in the back pocket of my jeans. I took in out and it was a text message from Grant, my boyfriend of 6 months.

It read, "Hey Serena. I hope you have a good first day today. I miss you :) ."

So cute!, Ithought. It's gonna be so different not going to school with him. Hopefully, things don't change because of that. I really like him. A lot. He has brown hair, and green eyes that can make any girl melt at the sight of them.

I walked towards the end of the hall and saw Room 265. I went in and almost ran out after the first face I saw. Why is he here?!?!

~~~~~~

Hey! I know it's starting a little slow, but it's just starting. :)

* Shoutout to @Marvin_ He's starting his story, and it's really interesting! *