Expert (Coming this December)

Hi there!
So, you've stumbled upon Agni which is a prequel to Vajra an Elven Tale. However, you don't need to read Vajra to read Agni. I'm trying to keep this as much stand along as possible.
For anyone who is interested in knowing what this story is going to be like, I'm including this sneak peak of what is to come. Consider it a welcome treat.
I will look forward to your feedback and votes will be appreciated.
Thank you!

********
The earth quivered as if taken by an erupting volcano. The joint forces of the three kingdoms, held their ground but only a few managed to keep their gazes from averting. The brilliance of the light erupting from the cracks in the stone was such that most felt its whiteness blinding. In the foremost line of riders, Mohan inhaled deeply and looked straight ahead, knowing that the two riders on his both sides were following his gaze.

"So here we are," he said briskly. "An unlikely company, against an unlikely foe."

"Blood against Blood, brother against brother," a softer tone answered him. "So it has been,So it shall be."

For a brief second his darker gaze met Arya's, as soon as she finished speaking. The wind had messed with her braids, pulling strands of hair out to frame her face. Clumped with sweat, they laid against her cheeks and forehead, as weary as the weathered look in her eyes.

She met his gaze defiantly, as if daring him to comment on her presence in the battle field. But, he held his tongue, choosing to convey his worry by a silent assessing look that he gave her armour and her sword.

"I still don't lay my life on prophecies." Mohan said in the end. "I don't trust fate."

"There are only two things I trust." Arya replied. "I and the eye."

A ghost of a smile cracked Mohan's lips, and a thunder bounced off the ground once more.

"Teaching you had been a pleasure, princess," he admitted concedingly.

"Your friendship is treasured, my friend. And this isn't our good bye." She responded with equal affirmation.
********