Chapter 7: WHY?

SHIVAAN'S POV

" Naira... Naira... Are even you listening?" I asked. When I didn't get any reply, I turned and saw the space beside me empty. Awesome, she's gone. 

" Naira...." I shouted and turned around. I saw someone drag her from behind. Her eyes were already shutting. I ran towards them.

" Rian... Call Dane and others. They are already here." I yelled.

" Shivaan, nice to meet you. It's been a long time." He stopped. Naira was still struggling in his hand. I had beads of sweat dripping despite the cold atmosphere of the club. I knew this was coming and I was prepared for it but Naira wasn't and I don't want her to panic. There were a few steps between us and in the dark, I could see her blue eyes reflecting fear. 

" Zach... I know it's you." I walked closer. 

" Good for you. But I'm taking her with me." He went on moving back. His voice was different from what I remembered. He sounded rusted. 

" You're surrounded. You can't go anywhere." I informed still going closer to them.

" Don't act smart. Do you think that I have come unprepared? Don't move. Or else..." He said putting a knife on Naira's neck and letting go of his hold on her mouth. He pulled her hand behind to trap her.

" S-Shivaan... Please..." I heard her faint voice.

" Oh!! I see you've made friends with your kidnapper, Naira. Huh! No doubt Shivaan, you are such a charmer. Just like how you were in high school." He said bringing the knife closer to her neck.

" Zach, she isn't aware of who you are. But I am."

" So.. What? I ain't afraid of anything now. I have come here to get what is mine and I intend to do that. " I could see a drop of blood tricking down her neck.

" You can't hurt her, Zach." My voice was becoming hoarse. I knew Zach and Kabir Bakshi had a feud but I also knew that he would never hurt Naira. She was too precious. There is something else that I wasn't aware of. But, one thing is true. This person is insane.

At once Rian went behind them. Zach realized his presence behind him and turned around. Taking advantage of the situation I ran towards them and before he would realize I pulled his hand away from Naira's neck. Naira was about to collapse when I held her in my hands.

" Shit!" Zach cursed removing his gun from his pocket. We were also surrounded by his people now. They were in black too. Fuck, what the hell.  I shouldn't have brought her here. I knew it was a mistake and foolishly, I keep on repeating them. 

" You did it on purpose, right?" I heard him say as I pointed my gun toward him.

" Of course, I wanted to meet you in person," I shouted pulling Naira with me. He in turn showed his gun to me. I heard some random gunshots from behind. Zach turned and I had to carry Naira with me. She was unconscious now. 

" Naira... Naira..." I called but she seemed too traumatized to respond.

" Boss... The car is waiting." I heard Rian say. I carried Naira in my arms and had my gun in the other hand.

" Shivaan... Are you running away like a coward again?" I heard him yell. I turned and fired some random shots at him.

Naira's hands were wrapped around me. Her dress was very short indeed, I noticed. It was going way up her thighs and I don't know why that made me furious. I thought I had a plan but I wasn't planning to get ambushed as we did. I should've prepared well. 

The car was waiting for us. I got in.

" Dane! You're here? Is Rian alone there? "

" No... There are others with him. Don't worry boss. Home?"