Either I slapped him harder than I thought or he was completely caught off guard, because somehow I managed to make his entire head swivel.

He finally catches my gaze and gives me a confused stare as though he didn't deserve to be slapped so hard, but all I can do is give him a devilish smile. The same devilish smile he has given me time and time again.

"That's for leaving me here for so long without a single word from you."

"Evie, I..."

I cut him off midsentence and push my lips to his once more not wanting to let him go. Alex picks me up once again and tries again to tactfully take off my shirt and this time I let him unbutton it the whole way.

Before I know it he has taken me inside one of the larger caves that litter the side of the stone wall behind us.

He sits me down in a hurry and begins to rip off his own shirt as I giggle at the sound of some of his buttons falling to the floor. Before I can finish my laughter he is on his knees in front of me unbuttoning my jeans and urging me to lie back.

I do as he wants and let him slide my jeans off in one quick swoop and before they even hit the floor he is on top of me guiding himself through my entrance with one mighty thrust.

I gasp loudly and throw my head back at the sensation that I have missed for so long. The inner stretch of my unused muscles accommodating his girth feels heavenly. How could I live without this feeling?

With each thrust he pushes deeper and deeper as my breathing heightens and my gasps grow louder.

"God, I've missed you." He says in between pushes as I bite down on my lower lip and let my eyes roll back.

Every inch of him is screaming my name and suddenly our bond is back and stronger than ever. I know where he will kiss me before he thinks of it and I move into him in anticipation. He in turn does the same as he leads me to my arrival of ecstasy.

The sheer delight of my every want and pleasure being met overwhelms me and takes me to another world. A world where there are no Vampires and no humans and no war. Where the only inhabitants are Alex and I as we encase each other with every happiness possible.

I love you. Don't ever leave me again. I scream out to him so that only he can hear and I know without looking that he is smiling.

With one final thrust we both manage to climax and collapse around each other as I brush my hair from my face and try in vain to get my breathing back on track.

Alex rolls over and holds me close to him so that I can rest my head on his chest and feel it move with each breath he takes. He in turn, opts for running his fingers through my hair and twirling it around his fingers.

I am smiling so wildly that without even a hint of warning, tears begin to flow freely down my cheeks.

"What's wrong?" Alex asks as he lifts my head up to face him.

"I thought you were never coming back." I begin to sob even more so at the admittance of my worst fears.

"I'm here now."

Gently, he wipes the tears from my face and kisses me gently on the forehead before holding me even tighter and letting me continue to cry for the next few moments.

I swoon in his arms as I recall the first time we ever kissed. Alex chuckles from under me as he relives the moment too.

The embarrassment of that fateful night that I chose to paint the loft above Amelia's night club a brand new colour called vomit, encases me and I can't stop my cheeks from turning red.