"You look lovely." Chloe L said and gave me a hug.

"Thank you." I said as we stood at the bar. "I feel a bit awkward to be honest, like everyone's staring at me."

"Why?"

"All the girls are here as Pete's here so I want to go and speak to him but I feel like they'll all turn it into someone else."

"If you want to speak to him then go and do it. I know that you should just go and take life as it comes, that's how I got Danny."

"Thanks."

I looked over and found Mario coming over so Chloe made her way out and Mario took her place.

"Hi." I said and gave him a hug. "I heard all about you and Jon the other night. I spoke to him this morning."

"Did you make things up?"

"No. He basically just shut me down again and I was trying to get him to see sense. I know he doesn't like me but I want him to see sense with you boys."

"I heard him before and he's still going on about that text. I have Becky now like do I really need him."

"I know but he thinks you do so don't feed the rumours and just ignore him."

****

I was walking through the club later when I spotted James and made my way over to his table. I then noticed that he was accompanied by Pete, Yaz and Ruby.

"Hi guys." I said and made my way over. "You alright?"

"Good just having a little chat." James said and gave me a hug followed by Yaz and Ruby. "Come and sit down with us."

I made my way over and sat down next to Pete, giving him a little hug. "It's good in here isn't it?"

"Yeah I know." James said. "Saw you having a little chat with Mario over there."

"Yeah. I've now spoken to Mario and Jon in the same day and both of them are just saying different things."

"Guys I have something to tell you." Ruby spoke up. "I know you've just gone through this but the other week I did see Megan and that guy at lunch together and it did look a bit too cosy."

"Megan said it was just a friendly lunch." Yaz tried to defend her friend.

"I wasn't there with them but it definitely didn't lol that way. If that was my boyfriend then I would have been livid."

"As an outsider mate it does look like she's played you a bit. She's been going at this guy and then when things are looking good she's got rid of you." James said.

"That's rubbish to hear." Pete said and cradled his head in his hands. "I can't believe I've spent a year of my life having to bear all that guilt about the texts."

"I don't think you wanted to hear that." I said and wrapped an arm around him. "Think about it this way, this could be the best opportunity you could have to get rid of her all together."

"Start again."

*****

The next morning I organised to go and meet Pete up for breakfast with James. I was wearing a long overcoat and my turtle neck shirt with my statement sunglasses.

"How are you?" I said and sat down next to Pete when I arrived. James wasn't here yet. "Last night was alright wasn't it?"

"Yeah until everything started unravelling again." He said. "I feel like I'm never going to get a break. Every time I mention that dinner everyone comes back with the texts."

"Try and move past it. Just have closure from this and move on." I told him.

Then James walked in and took the seat opposite us.

"Hello you two." He said. "Sorry I'm a bit late I bumped into Liam and Arg on the way here."

"What did they have to say?" I asked him.

"I knew they needed to tell me something but I kind of had to get it out of them. Apparently Gatsby knows that Megan and her ex slept together, when you two were together."

"This is all coming out now. I've been putting up with all her shouting for the past year and now all the rubbish about her comes out and I can't say anything."

"I don't want to say it but it feels a bit like an I told you so. We all warned you and you still went back there."

"I know and I feel like I've wasted two years of my life on her and I've only just realised it."

"Are you alright?" I said and wrapped my arm around him. "Come on don't get upset this is the time to shut that door on the past and never open it again."

"I really want to but obviously my feelings don't go away that quickly. I genuinely did love her and I wanted to make our relationship work."

"I know you did and you can always stand by that. Let her sweat about things from now on, you don't have to answer to her."

****Author's Note****

I hope you like this chapter.

Vote and comment any suggestions.

Xx