So Long And Goodnight

TW: SUICIDE AND DEPRESSION

When they left Earth, Lance was so glad that he had his medication in the pocket of his jacket. He never went anywhere with out it, just in case.

No one knew of his depression. He kept it well hidden. It was pretty easy at the Garrison. No one suspected. But with Voltron it was getting harder. Especially now that he was low on his meds. He had been taking one Prozac every other day and taking one Zoloft on the days that he didn't take Prozac. He was supposed to be taking two each every day though. It was getting harder to put a smile on his face. To eat. To get out of bed. To even function. The others just called him lazy because they had no idea.

The only thing that kept him going was the others. They needed help. They needed someone. Before Lance started taking medication, he would help all his siblings. If one of them was being bullied, he would listen and tell them what to do. If his sister was scared to sleep in the dark, he would tell her stories or sing to her until she fell asleep. He eventually managed to make a bunch of glow in the dark stars to place all over the walls and ceiling in her room. If his brother was struggling in school, he would help him learn the subjects and help him with homework. If they needed emotional support, Lance would always be there to give them advice and guide them through things. But since he's been in space, he hasn't been able to do those things. So there was almost no point. He knew he needed to help. He knew how important he was now. He knew all of this but he just couldn't find it in him to care. No matter how much he wanted to, he just couldn't. Until he realized things aren't as different from home as they seem.

Lance had gotten up sometime around two in the morning. He had kept forgetting to eat until he threw up from lack of nutrients in his system. He forced himself to crawl out of bed and get some food goo from the kitchen. On his way there, he passed the control room and noticed a faint glow coming from there. He stopped and decided to investigate. He saw Pidge typing away at her computer and had multiple things pulled up.

"Hey Pidgeon," he said softly.

"Go away Lance," she grumbled.

"What are doing?"

She sighed. "Trying to find anything on Matt."

"Come on, you need to go to bed. Wake up is at seven and it's two right now!"

"I'll be fine. I usually only get a few hours a sleep anyways."

Lance shook his head. "Nope. You're going to bed right now. When we find Matt, how are you going to save him if you're running in such little sleep? It'll catch up to you eventually."

Pidge sat and thought his words over for a second before yawning. "Eh, I guess going to bed doesn't seem that bad right now. Uh, I don't want to move though."

Lance shut off all her things and picked up Pidge. He carried her to her room and laid her on her bed, covering her with blankets. She snuggled into them and snored softly.

Lance gave a small smile. "Goodnight, Pidgeon."

The next morning Pidge acted like nothing ever happened but Lance continued to make sure she went to bed every night at a reasonable time.

It wasn't long before Lance started noticing similar things in the rest of the paladins.

Keith would be awake and training for hours. Lance was aware he did this to deal with his emotions and as a way to cope but it wasn't healthy.

Around one in the morning, Lance had just put Pidge to bed and was going to go back to his room but he heard a noise from down the hall. He decided to check it out.