Quite A Shock Pt. 2

It had been a couple weeks since the team found out about Lance's powers. Their reactions were everything he feared they would be. No one trusted him. Pidge wanted to do experiments. Hunk was terrified of him. Shiro and Allura didn't trust him. Coran was disappointed. He couldn't really tell how Keith felt. He almost looked guilty?

He wasn't allowed to walk around in the castle. He couldn't do anything. They locked Lance in a cell and fed him twice a day. They treated him like an animal. Like a prisoner. Like a monster.

He avoided sleeping due to the horrid nightmares that would haunt him. Whenever he did manage to pass out, he would relive memories of Pidge's experiments on him. It was so much more than just blood tests. She would cut open his torso and shift around his organs. She would shock his insides to find out the reactions. She would electrocute him at unimaginably high voltage. She would starve him and see how long he could stay awake for. Of course the results were as Lance expected. Despite the powers, Lance was still human. He felt emotions and pain. Physical and mental.

But they still refused to believe he was good. Having no choice but to come to terms with it, he just settled for thinking of the good memories before they found out. He didn't regret any of it.

Lance was startled out of his thoughts by the castle being knocked into. He flung into the wall and heard Allura over the comms.

"Paladins! Get to your lions!"

After they locked him up, Allura took Lance's place as the blue paladin. He sighed and waited for the attack to end. Five minutes later, an alarm started blaring through out the castle.

Lance stiffened. There was an intruder. Part of him hoped they would find him and break him out. Another part hoped he would be left for dead. He didn't deserve to live. Not a monster like him.

The door to the room his cell was in, tore open and someone with a helmet busted in. Galra.

The person turned and saw Lance laying on his side in the cell. They hesitated before talking into a communicator. They were talking to someone before nodding and walking towards the cell. They took their gun and shot the lock off the door. Lance looked up and saw his rescuer. They lifted their gun and rammed it into his head. All he saw was black.
.
.
.
The first thing Lance noticed was the painful pounding in his head. He opened his eyes and glanced around. The room he was in was rimmed with purple lights. He wasn't in a cell like he was expecting. He was on a bed. No chains or anything. Lance sat up and stretched his stiff muscles.

He became more alert when a door opened. A Galra with long white hair walked in. Lotor.

"Ah, blue paladin. I see you're awake."

"If you were looking to capture the blue paladin, you took the wrong person."

A look of confusion came across Lotor's face. "The which paladin are you?"

"None. I was kicked off the team for being...a bit different from them."

"I know the feeling. My generals and I have all be rejected at one point or another because of our differences. But that makes us unique. And powerful when put together. In what way are you different from the others?"

"I wish it was something as simple as being part of a different race. Keith has it easy. On Earth I was tortured and experimented on to the point where I had gained powers. I kept them hidden from the team until one day I had to save them and it was my only option. I should have known what their reactions would be...but it was better than watching them die."

"What did they do? Is that why you were locked in a cell when my soldiers found you?"

"Yes, they experimented on me and treated me like a monster. And none of them bothered to stop it."

Lotor looked saddened by the newfound information. "Well, if you want, you can join my generals and me. We don't mind you having powers. In fact, they could be quite useful."

Lance looked up at the Prince. "Really?"

"Everyone deserves another chance don't you think?"
.
.
.
Team Voltron was breaking into one of Lotor's main ships. Pidge hacked the cameras so they could enter undetected. They split up and searched for Lotor, his generals, prisoners, and/or information. They had heard that there was a new general. One that always had a mask on and never left their opponent alive. They were supposedly powerful but the team would be the judge of that.

Allura broke through a door and got into a defensive position when she saw a dark figure standing in front of her.

"Who are you?"

"Wow princess, I'm hurt. Did you truly forget about me already?"

"...Lance?"

"Nice to see you again. Unfortunately, this will be the last time."

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for taking so long to upload this. I was having a bit of writers block. Thank you Secocene for giving me ideas for this. It really helped! And holy shit! 5.5k views!! Thanks so much! Also this will be the last part for Quite A Shock. Hope you're all having a good day/night❤