Deux.

One week later.

Darrione.

   I was in the last block of the day on a Friday, rushing through my work so I could get the fuck out of dodge. She had given us a whole packet of logarithms and shit that I didn't know of, so mathway.com was my only utensil. Mathway pissed me off too, cause they don't even show you how they solved the problems anymore, they just give you the answer. If I had money to spare, I would've got the lil prescription thing, but I don't. 

 "Ms. Chbi, that isn't a phone I see is it?" asked Coach Jocelyn.

"It is, but I'm just using it as a calculator since there wasn't anymore in the cubbies," I replied, irked. A bitch always gotta point some shit out. I just needed this lil hour to hurry the fuck on up, I'm gonna be the first bitch through that door, I couldn't wait until that party tonight at DJ Derrick's spot. DJ Derrick was a student here, but he already got a hood internship at Blue Legaceez strip joint 25 minutes away, being a DJ. So his name just became DJ Derrick. Although at first no one really fucked with him, they just 'befriended' him to get into the club underaged.

I heard the classroom door open up, and unlike everybody else, I didn't look up. It was probably Pegasus coming back from the bathroom. Funniest shit ever is that she looks like a horse, too. Her mama too petty. 

"Okay, class, we have a new student, please introduce yourself," Coach said. Okay, pause. We literally have 30 minutes left of school and we have a new student. Like, could he not find the class for the hour he missed? 

"Wassup yall can call me BJ and I moved here from Baltimore. Anything else, yall don't need to know," and with that, he found an empty seat near the window and slouched back. I rolled my eyes hard as fuck and continued on with my work. 

-----

   School was now over and I was making that long ass walk home in the snow. Due to a snowstorm approaching, we were supposed to stay out of school for the next week unless it cleared up, and all I can say is Halle-fuckin-lejuah. Despite the fear of a snowstorm, the kickback was still happening and Gina and I were still going to be in attendance, we had a whole week to do assignments that teachers probably posted on Blackboard because they didn't wanna be behind when we got back. 

  I finally reached our apartment complex and walked through the corridor to our two bedroom apartment. The only thing I liked about these apartments is that they were cheap and didn't stress my maman out and that both bedrooms were masters and we had our own bathrooms. What I didn't like is that we lived around old people and the smell literally seethed through the walls and would never leave. There should be no reason why mothballs from another apartment is making my eyes water.  

 I went straight to my room, threw my bag down near the door and went to go piss. I don't use school bathrooms unless I absolutely have to, and even if I do, I am using the staff only bathrooms. Bitches be peeking over the stall and shit, like why would you wanna watch someone piss. I wiped and checked my phone for the time. It was 3:43 and I had enough time to eat me something and take a nap. I set my phone down, but then it vibrated, notifying me that I got a new message.

Gee 🍦: Answer your phone 

I called her back just for her to tell me to have the door unlocked so we could get dressed together.

"I was finna take a nap, Gee, damn," I sighed, irritated, putting her on speaker so I could change into some booty shorts and a bralette. She knows I gotta have that afterschool nap, that's a must. 

"You would rather take a nap then make sure we disintegrate bitches edges? Who is this?"

"Gee, don't play. You know how we do, but you also know that  I always sleep after school. Imma have the door unlocked, but Imma be sleep," I told her, "The party doesn't even start until 10, so I don't understand."