Chapter 6: fear

Chapter 6: fear

Alexandra's pov:

The day passes by slow but soon enough it's the end of the day.

Now I have to walk home which will take longer than average, and is not good because dad hates it when I'm late.

Sighing, I begin my journey back home. My stomach is yelling at me to eat, and I really want to.

The money I have is for when I turn 18. I know dad and step-mom will not let me stay. So I can't waste money on me now. It's all I have.

As I walk, I silently wince in agony. My ribs burn horribly and it hurts to walk.

Suddenly, my vision becomes jumbled up as if it is a puzzle. Everything solid with shape blurs into dozens of colors as I stumble. The last thing I remember is landing in the soft blades of grass as everything turns black.

Ryan's pov:

I drive my white diesel truck in thought. My life before becoming "popular,'

I remember being the chubby nerd that everyone picked on and became mute by the age of 11. I remember not uttering a word until forced by my parents and sent to speech therapy at the age of 14.

Now I'm 16 and going to end my second year of high school next year.

The cold September chill creeps through my window which is cracked slightly.

I sigh and adjust my hands on the wheel when I see a figure laying in the grass a few feet away from my house.

After squinting to see who it is, I let out a gasp as I recognize Alexandra.

I park in my driveway and run to her which takes a few minutes, leaving my school things in the truck.

When I run to her, I immediately notice her features grimly.

She is pale white and her face is boney. She looks malnourished and she passed out in the grass.

I'm so scared for her. She looks deathly pale and injured. I grab on to her carefully and I can just feel her bones.

She cries out in pain in her sleep as I grab her. I decide to leave my curiosity to when I take her to my house.

I run with her in my arms as if she's a feather until making it to my home.

My home is a mansion. It is huge four stories with white plaster and brick exterior with beautiful gardens and yard.

I've always been rich, but money isn't most important to me.

I run though the security without pressing the buzzard and just slipping through the gate, leaving my locked car on the curb.

I run through the front door in a rush as my breath grew ragged. Laying her softly on the creme colored couch, I started pacing the living room in worry.

The living room is wide and spacious with a high ceiling. It is all plain creme but added with green accents to make it match.

Kelsey, my younger sister by 2 years, walks in and looks at me questionably. "Whose that?" She questions pointed her long fingers towards Alexandra.

Kelsey is very mature for her age of 14. She is really smart as well. She has long dirty blonde hair and beautiful bright blue eyes. She is tall and thin. She has a jokester personality but can be serious when needed.