Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

“What do you mean, doctor?” James asked.

“She’s fine… No less than a week ago, her immune system was failing. Now it’s like her immune system was never giving her a problem in the first place…”

“YES!” James cheered.

He jumped around and stopped in front of me. He grabbed my hands and pulled me up. He danced around the room with me.

Delilah laughed at the doctor’s expression.

“So, doc, I think it’s safe to say that hope does conquer all,” Delilah said.

A warm smile broke across the stubborn doctor’s face. He had been proven wrong and was finally able to accept it.

The doctor left the room. James fell to his knees. I went into a panic because I thought something was wrong.

“James, are you okay?” I asked him.

He was sobbing now.

“James, can you stand up?” I asked.

I helped him up and he hugged me. It took me a while to realize that his tears were tears of joy.

“Thank you, Ariella. Seeing you and Niall together really gave Delilah hope. I can’t thank you enough.”

My eyes were tearing up.

“Also, thank you for praying for her every day,” James said.

“It was no problem, James. Where will you two go now?” I asked.

“We have a little house here in Mullingar,” He answered.

“That’s nice,” I said.

“I’m so glad you had the chance to come.”

“Me too.”

I hugged James. Then I walked over to Delilah and bent over to give her a hug too.

“Thank you for believing in me,” She whispered in my ear.

I smiled and walked out of the hospital room. I called Niall to tell him the phenomenal news.

I started to get frustrated after he didn’t answer three of my calls.

“Ariella!” I jumped when I heard my name being called.

I turned around to see someone that I hadn’t seen in a very long time.

“Garrett?”