Chapter 4

A few days after Lemon Chryoprase and Matte Gold Pearl joined the group, Sharena woke up to something interesting.

The blonde sat up in her bed, awoken to something tapping on the window of one of the guest bedrooms. She got out of her bed and shuffled to the window and pulled back the curtains. The sky was gray and water drops were on the window. It was raining. The blonde looked over to the clock to check what time it was. 7:15. Perfect. Her brother always wanted to be up after 7. She left her bedroom and ran down the hallway towards the end where her brother was staying.

"It's raining Alf!" She shouted as she jumped into her older brother's bed.

"And it's time for you to calm down..." He muttered. "What time is it?"

"7:16." 

"Fine fine I'll get up...." He sat up groggily, not having as much energy as his younger sister. "Hopefully someone made breakfast already." The blue haired male reluctantly got out of bed still half asleep and followed his much more awake sister down the stairs to the dining area, only to find that they were the only ones up.

"Damn. I was hungry too..." Alfonse muttered before realizing that his sister was raiding the cabinets. "Sharena!"

"What? I got brownie mix when I went to the store and I wanted to make them for breakfast...." Sharena replied with a guilty look in her eyes.

"Brownies are not a breakfast food Sharena."

"Then why do we have donuts for breakfast Alf?" Sharena had won this round, and Alfonse made a mental note of it.

"That....That is a good point.... We should at least wait for the gems to get up. I think there's some cartoons on."

"Ok." The sibling duo went to the living room only to find Matte Green Pearl curled up into a ball and shaking on the couch, under a blanket. 

"What's the matter?" Sharena asked as she sat next to him. 

"Scary noises...." He replied with tears in his eyes.

"Oh, the rain? It's only water that falls from the sky." Sharena explained.

"It is?" 

"Yeah." Alfonse replied as he sat on the other side of Matte Green Pearl.

"Then what's the booming?" Matte asked.

"The thunder... I can't explain." Sharena replied. 

"Flashes?" The gem asked

"Lightning, well it's a huge charge in a cloud and sometimes it needs to be let out. So there's nothing to be afraid of." Sharena said as she ran her hand through his hair.

"Really?" 

"I promise." Then an idea came to her. "I know! How about me and Alfonse make you a pillow fort so you feel safe!"

"What's a pillow fort?" 

"Oh, I know!" Another voice said. The siblings turned to see Nephrite Jade standing there, blanket wrapped around her like a burrito. "It's when you organize pillows to make them into a fort that surrounds someone." 

"Yeah!" Sharena replied.

"Let's wait for Uncle Feh to get up first. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't appreciate us using his pillows without permission while he's sleeping." Alfonse said. 

After waiting two hours for the other gems, Veronica, Bruno and Uncle Feh to get up, which was surprising because according to Nephrite Jade and Matte Green Pearl, gems didn't need to sleep, they liked to for some reason that Alfonse and Sharena couldn't understand, there was a knock at the door.